cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some doubts about rebate

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have some doubts about rebates now

1. In material level or customer level, can I see all the rebate accural amount for this material or customer?

2. For one customer, I want to summarise invoices and release to FI periodically, is it possible. For one rebate agreement(condition type is BO03 customer), I know can summarise credit memo and release to FI for this customer, but only for certain sales area not for all.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As u must be aware Rebate is a Special discount provided to the Customer(Dealers/Retailers etc) with a condition and validity period.

e.g if a Clients provides 10% extra Discount on Material Sales price at the end of a Financial year(e.g March'11) if a respective type of customer(Whole Sale) does s a certain Quantity(10000 MT) of Sale.

Here Certain Quantity of a material is that Condition, if satisfied by Customer within a limit of time frame (End of Financial Year) then that customer will get additional 10% discount on the amount he has to pay or paid. Now this a example of a Rebate Agreement.

If this agreement is made on July'10, then from July'10 onwards what ever sales will be made of those individual sale that 10% discount will be stored line item wise at Rebate Agreement. As this amount is not actually paid to customer because Time limit is not fulfilled yet and also not the Quantity. This amount which is get tracked at rebate agreement is known as Accrual.

RB.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

The thumb rule for rebates are you have to check for sales orgn, customer and billing type which you are issuing the rebates.

Yes, for that you have to create a batch job for releasing the billing documents separately with respect to the billing types. the functionality of rebates is it will consider the total values of sales of the customer for a specific period and keeps on accruing the same and finally settling it via payment methods.

regards,

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have one doubt regarding accrual.What is Accrual means? and reverse accrual in the rebate agreement pls help me.

digitalstudio

saif_sabri
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Agreement type 0005 (Independent of Sales Volume) This agreement type allows a lump-sum payment to a customer. Because it is independent of sales volume, no accruals will be automatically generated. Typically a manual accrual is generated

for the amount of the agreement, and payments are made over the life of the agreement until final settlement is carried out

If you flag the Rel. For Rebate check box, the billing document is considered relevant for rebates. The value of the billing document will be added to the total sales for the customer and will contribute to the rebate calculated for the customer. For example, regular invoices (such as F1 and F2) are relevant for rebates, whereas pro-forma documents (such as F5 and F8) are not.

Regards from Pakistan

Edited by: Saif Ali Sabri on Oct 28, 2010 9:54 AM