cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to channe the Long text of inspection characteristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am new to QM, here we want to want to change the Long text of inspection characteristic.

We get the Inspection Lot selection details from QA32, here in output of the report QA32, we select the Inspection lot and click on Result (To change Inspection result),

Then click on Assigned Inspection Point (QE11) --> here we select the Inspection characteristic line item, --> unlock it and then click on Long text Inspection description for characteristic, But other than first line all other lines are not in a change state they all are grayed so i cannot change them, Is there any way to change the status of other lines to change mode?....

Can any one throw some light on it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to make all char/MIC as long term !!

Are you sure that all char are long term.?? If not then make it & check

Former Member
0 Kudos

How i can do that....?

Is there any procedure for it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sujit, I tried your way but still its not working it is not allowing me to change that...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasad,

What happens with the long term inspection is

"Even if you have done Usage decision ,you can go & change the results"

Now the status of the Inspection lot should become "LTIN" when you record the results for the first time for all the chars/mic.

But for this you have to make sure that all you MIC's have control indicator tick as "Long term Inspection"

Then it has to work only make sure that you are not forcefully closing the inspection.

coming back to your problem ,if its work for a MIC to unlock then all mic's should behave in same way ,if all are of LT inspection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The problem was not with any tick or any settings,

Our ABAPer has solved it by using some BADI, Where he has changed the staus of text object to edit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also facing same problem in Insapection description long text in Result recording i.e. i have adeed some description in text but second time i can not remove/edit the data except first line.

pl can u provide use the BADI name ?