cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching the URL in the same window

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a view with some data and couple of buttons. When i click on a button, an url has to be opened in the same window.

For that, i have defined an exit plug at the window with an optional url parameter and the on action of the button click, i am firing the window exit plug by passing the url value in the parameter.

When i click on that button i got the exception like " URL parameters specified for an exit or suspend plug, but no URL specified

"

Can anyone suggest ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As suggested by Thomas Jung in one of the blog, i have used the Portal API's which solved my issue.

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's worth adding that you cannot use exit plugs in the portal environment - so be particularly careful if your app is intended to run in a NW portal eventually.

If you have this situation you'll have to do something with a redirection to a portal URL iview passing the URL as a parameter.

Just though it worth adding.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chirs,

The Situation is something like , my WDA is running in the portal and onaction of a button , a portal link is to be called and opened in the same window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If ur launching URL of other Web Dynpro Component,

U can do this way... For example Comp-A and Comp-B ( URL)

Emdeb the Comp-B in Comp-A by using component usages.

1.In the view of Comp-A..suppose iam having a Button.Place a View Container in the same View

2. Create an out bound Plug For View of Comp-A.

Go To Window OF Comp-A.

1 . Right Click to Embed,u will find the Comp-B's interface View , embed that one into View Container of the Comp-A

2 .Maintain Navigatin Link From Out-Bound Plug Of the View to Default Plug of the Comp-B's interface View .

ON Action Of the Button.Fire that out Bound Plug of the view

Thanks & Regards,

Naga Prakash