cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you suggest how to handle images?

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to develop a book administration program in web dynpro but I have no clue how to handle the images. There are several points I would like to take care about. The frontend is wd4a and the backend is abap. There will also be an iPhone App that connects via WebServices that also need the data and the images.

What do you think is the best possibility to save the images?db via blob, file system, ...

Are there examples how to upload the images via web dynpro and transfer it to the backend?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Vanessa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186750
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

Sounds like you have an interesting development ahead.

I would recommend you start by checking out Thomas Jungs E-Learning [here|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EmTech/IslandsWDA_MUploader] on uploading images using Flash Islands and WDA.

Cheers,

Neil.

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Neil,

thanks for the link. Looks good so far.

Has someone more tipps?

thanks, Vanessa

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'd echo Neil's thoughts - definitely store your images in tables as they are transactional data. Creating a DB table with variable length data isn't difficult - just specify the datatype as rawstring.

You can then easily read from the db and serve these images in image UI elements, I'm guessing the row repeater UI element is going to be very useful for you.

Does sound like a good fun project!

Cheers,

Chris

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

thanks for your reply. Yes, sounds like a fun project. Nevertheless there a things a have no clue about (like the handling of the images) and it is difficult for me to solve them because I just started with the development. So I am happy about every link / hint that shows how to solve it.

cu,

Vanessa

Answers (0)