cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payer need to be change after created billing document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

They created some orders..... orders-delivery-billing documents created. now we came to know the payer is wrong but the documents are not relased to accounting..... how can i do if issue like this....if i change the payer in customer master?

Pls advise on this....thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Changing the payer in the customer master will not be of any use if the documents are already created. It will be helpful for only the documents that are created after change is made in the customer master.

For the documents already created you can do one of the below.

a. Cancel the existing billing documents using VF11. Reverse the delivery using VL09. Then delete the delivery. In the customer master add the new payer. Go back to the sales order and change the payer. Now, again you follow the regular sales process of delivery and billing and then release the doc to accounting. It should work.

b. Release the existing document to accounting with the wrong payer. Now, create a credit memo request and credit memo for the wrong payer. This will nullify the accounting. Now, go to the customer master, put in the new payer. Now create a new sales order matching the old sales order. (Please note that you may have to use the same PO number in this case). This will take a longer time and customer should accept the new SO number, delivery number and the invoice.

c. Changing the table entry using the ABAP program in the tables (VBPA) . I would not recommend this as this will have a lot of effects and system may start performing inconsistently.

Hope this helps...

Thanks

Mukund S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply on this. I know that process.now i have more then 100 orders so user cannot accept this.

My concern is there any other way to update....even i heard that one program is there for partner updation.

Thanks,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Once we created the billling docment we cant edit payer as per the sap standard. work around for this issue is create the credit note to the wrong payer and again issue the debit note to the correct customer.

Regards,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply on this. I know that process.now i have more then 100 orders so user cannot accept this.

My concern is there any other way to update....even i heard that one program is there for partner updation.

Thanks,

Naveen Kurapati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naveen,

My suggestion to you is to cancel all the Billing documents at VF11. Go to MASS TCode and change the Payer code in all the relevant Sales Orders and in VF04 create all the Billing documents in one go after selecting the required Delivery numbers.

No need to cancel the Delivery documents created or the Sales Orders created. Believe me this is a better and easier method.

Happy SAPing

Venkat - Hyd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I understand the problem you are facing. However, there is no easy solution for it. I am not sure if SAP recommends something other than what is proposed here. You can check if any SAP Note exists regarding this which can guide you thro' the steps or log a SAP message. If SAP has anything ready, they may propose you or help you.

BTW, I have found a couple of posts which are for the same problem. Even there you can see that everyone has expressed the same view saying the payer cannot be changed.

You can try Venkat's Solution as well. It looks good to me...

Hope this helps...

Thanks

Mukund S

Edited by: MukundHS on Oct 27, 2010 3:03 PM