cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule Generation Status (processing status)

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues!

I would like to know the way how to get processing status of Rule Generation job (RAR). Unfortunately I didn't find any information in Internet, in NWA logs, how to get percentage complete. For other job there are an icon and hint about running process. I need a bit information to make an outlook for my chief.

Any information will be appreciated.

Regards,

Artem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

In the background jobs, search for the Rule generation job, click view. The View log button will show you the status of the current step, i.e., for which function the rule is generated.

However, the completed status is not available even in the latest version of SP. It is only displayed for the User/Role risk analysis.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Raghu

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Raghu,

But it's not helped. I click on row with my job with running state, but the button is disabled.

Are you able to use this button during job running.

Maybe the problem is in SP level?

We are on 5.3 SP11

Regards,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

select any job and click on log button, they will take you to same place

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

I was able to find a similar discussion in the below thread:

Hope this helps. Do revert with the result, if you still have the issue so that I can simulate the issue and help you out with the alternatives.

Warm Regards,

Raghu

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Raghu!

Seems that your link is relevant to my problem... But I should test switch to Java Logger, now system is working on SAP Logger.

Do you know is it useful or not to switch from SAP Logger to Java Logger? Can I loose any features if switch?

Regards,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Personally, I prefer Java Logger than SAP Logger. As per my knowledge, there are no loss in the functionality.

Warm Regards,

Raghu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

not sure....

however i assume, this detail should be there in RAR log...

in 5.3 latest SP, i think there is way to see that.....

please contact SAP.......