cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender / Receiver ID mapping for EDI interfaces and Type of seeburger adapt

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to set up a interface using Seeburger adapter for Purchase order IDOC to 850 EDI mapping.. After reading from SDN,

1) We can use the standard mapping in BIC MD to do E2X and X2E mapping..

2) We can use any of the AS2, EDI generic adapter, Seeburger FTP adapter or Seeburger SFTP adapter...

How do we decide which adapters should be chosen? I can see that it makes sense to use SFTP adapter or AS2 adapter for security...

Also how do we map Sender and Receiver IDs on the EDI message.. Should this be hardcoded as part of mapping or is there any facility in seeburger adapter to do this? I saw some references to Party Identifiers and not sure how it is used in setting up Sender/ Receiver ID

Also the graphical mapping to convert IDOC XML to EDI XML, Do we have standard mapping defined or do we need to create our own graphical mapping.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

"How do we decide which adapters should be chosen? I can see that it makes sense to use SFTP adapter or AS2 adapter for security..."

--> This also depends on the requirements of your business partner. If the partners supports several communication methods i'd probably go for AS2 (it is secure, uses http, communication can be synchronous).

"Also how do we map Sender and Receiver IDs on the EDI message"

--> I'd aviod hardcoded values. Best option is, that the idoc itself contains the values. If this is not possible, you could use "FixValue" Mapping in the graphical mapping tool, or even a database lookup if there are a lot of partners that will use the same mapping.

regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

I had worked in the somehow same scenario, It was IDOC to EDIFACT file.

I can give you few clues which might be helpful

In BIC MD you have to create your own mapping if the standard mapping is not available (First check all the standard mappings in BIC). For your reference you need X2E mapping, as your scenario is IDOC to 850 EDI.

"the graphical mapping to convert IDOC XML to EDI XML, Do we have standard mapping defined or do we need to create our own graphical mapping."

In graphical mapping i created my own mapping, Seeburger has given some sample mappings you can check those for your reference (SEEBURGER_GENERIC_EDI software component). Mostly you have to create your own. You need a document from your functional consultant so that you are able to map correct fields and constants.

"how do we map Sender and Receiver IDs on the EDI message.. Should this be hardcoded as part of mapping or is there any facility in seeburger adapter to do this? I saw some references to Party Identifiers and not sure how it is used in setting up Sender/ Receiver ID"

This has been generally hardcoded in message mapping (In my case i hardcoded). If any of ur IDOC field contains that data you can map that field. But better Idea is ask your functional expert.

"How do we decide which adapters should be chosen? I can see that it makes sense to use SFTP adapter or AS2 adapter for security... "

You can choose adapter according to your requirement. In my case i used File adapter as i have to create file in PI server only. My suggestion you can use SFTP for seeburger

Hope these points are helpfu for u

Regards,

Shradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shradha and Daniel..

>

> You can choose adapter according to your requirement. In my case i used File adapter as i have to create file in PI server only. My suggestion you can use SFTP for seeburger

>

Shradha, Did you later FTP the file from your PI server to the Business partner?

Best option is, that the idoc itself contains the values.

Is there an ideal field in the IDOC control parameter to store this values?

All things being equal meaning same kind of EDI format and versions for diffferent vendors, Do we create one integration scenario with multiple receivers to send the EDI file to different partners? In such a case, I presume we will create receiver determination and configure different receivers based on the input partner number using interface mapping for enhanced receiver determination?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

"Did you later FTP the file from your PI server to the Business partner?"

My EDI file is picked by Connect direct tool and send to direct server for encryption and then direct server send it to Third party server.

Do we create one integration scenario with multiple receivers to send the EDI file to different partners?

Yes you can do this for multiple partner, also for multiple partner you need secure connection in that case use AS2 adapter

Meanwhile I checked some mappings for you in Seeburger_generic_edi software component and found one graphical mapping I_ORDERS05_to_A_850_V4010 [source is ORDERS05 idoc and target is See_XML_850_V4010.xsd]

Can you please check whether it is the same mapping required by u?

Regards,

Shradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shradha... that mapping would work for us...

Former Member
0 Kudos

thats great news....all the best