cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AT1 condition and percentage in excise defaults

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I s there any importance of AT1Percentage (A/R) in excise defaults for TAXINN settings. I maintained JA1X condition type in my pricing procedure and same condition i maintained in excise defaults for AT1 condition. Also i found AT1 percentage in excise defaults, i would like to know whether i need to maintain any condition type here.

Also would like to know the importance of CESS total, BED total in TAXINN? Does these condition types have any significance in excise defaults.

Awaiting your valuable comments.

Regards,

Deepu Pillai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepu,

Answer for your first question is, what you have done is correct. Maintain JA1X condition type in AT1. This is used for SECess. Also note that, for this to come in your accounting, you need to select the "liable for AT1" flag in Excise Group configurations.

For the second question total conditions are used for the printing purposes. Using these condition types you can print the BED, Ecess and SEcess values.

Regards

Vijay

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

SAP CIN Version when introduced S & HScess, VAT and other new Taxes were not present in Indian Tax Structures.

But SAP has already made provisions for the future new taxes. AT1->Additional tax1, At2-> Additional Tax2,AT3-> Additional Tax3.

Till the date at J1ID You can see LST- which is nothing but Local sales Tax which is now replaced by VAT.

Now you were asking regarding % , Manual and Total , 3 Separate Basic Excise Duty condition types and there purpose.

Try to understand the same through following example.

at pricing we use only one BED Basic Excise Duty still sap has provided following 3 for Basic excise duty which are

Manual

percentage

Total.

For Assets Excise value is calculated based on the depreciation and other factors hence it cannot be calculated through %.

rest 99% of cases Excise is calculated by 'percentage'.

Now at Excise Defaults you have to give single A/R Basic Excise Duty condition against your tax pricing procedure.

Now if you give manual it will create problem for % BEd condition type and vice-versa .

Hence Ideally it should be Basic Excise Duty Total Condition type.

And at your sales pricing procedure you should keep the Basic Excise Condition types as follows:

100 JMAN

105 JEXP

110 JTotal 100 105.

Hope it will solve your doubt.

All The Best.

RB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

for the First step no need to maintain any condition type.

regards

kedasu.a

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepu,

Please go through below thread for first part of your question

link:

thanks

mskgnt