cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Monitoring of PRD of BI, XI, ECC, through Solution manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all ,

I have only configured Earlywatch alert for BI , ECC 6.0 on Solman(every week monday i got EWA report and I have taken action as per the EWA report).

Now my question are ,

Daily Monitoring of PRD of BI, XI, and ECC is possible ?

Weekly Monitoring of DEV & QAS of BI, XI, ECC, ?

EWA for XI is possible ?

Finally how can i completely use Solman server for monitoring ,etc....

Kindly advise

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

pls refer this [monitoring setup guide|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/804129e9-fff0-2b10-e7ad-fc7ed7cf56f8?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

jansi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Daily Monitoring of PRD of BI, XI, and ECC is possible ?

Of course possible, what kind of monitoring are you looking for?

Using the System administration functionality you can perform the pro-active monitoring, which will also trigger auto reaction methods whenever the thresholds are reached, as per the setup performed.

There are SAP standard parameter monitoring available, in addition you can define your own parameters to be monitored in the System administration workcenter functionality.

Weekly Monitoring of DEV & QAS of BI, XI, ECC, ?

You can use the central system monitoring functionality which enables you to perform monitoring tasks as per the period/frequency specified.

You can also input your/teams monitoring notes/observations and generate it as a separate report.

EWA for XI is possible ?

It is possible; for ABAP stack, perform the same steps as you performed for other ABAP (ECC) systems, for Java stack of XI, configure the Solution Manager Diagnostics which will trigger the EWA for Java part. Finally you receive a consolidated (ABAP+Java) EWA next Monday.

Finally how can i completely use Solman server for monitoring ,etc....

EWA, SLR provide you with a reporting functionality which again is a result of monitoring your system over the previous week.

Using System administration and Central system monitoring you can leverage the monitoring capabilities.

Using SMD, Wily you can extend the monitoring of Java and dual stack systems

Using BPMon you can attain the Business process monitoring.

In addition, in the work center you can see additional monitoring options, like. RFC monitoring.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ,

Let me provide any link or SAP note for configuration ...