cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced user function?

Former Member
0 Kudos

My requirement is as follows.. I am doing SOAP-XI-> RFC

The standard function module returns a RETURN table. In the return table, one field contains an index of my input table say ITEM_TABLE (which is a table parameter and is available in RFC output also).

My requirement is to read these table with the index in the RETURN table and then return the Key field.

I presume this is possible using Advanced user function. Could anyone please confirm? If possible, how do i pass the different inputs to the function.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to do sync soap - rfc

and then in the response from RFC

combine values from the rfc.request and rfc.response

than this is not possible without the BPM

with BPM you can do it - <b>sync bridge</b> <b></b>

as you'll have both contaners (request and response)

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

Since i am using tables, I don't need to go to the RFC.request. It is all available in the response itself.

My output contains RETURN and ITEM table. In each return row, I have an index for a row in ITEM table. Based on this index, i need to get key field from item table.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

so no problem

you can combine them in an advanced fucntion

just put the index from return table and key from item table and you can have one output

use queue advanced fucntion to have all values

from both tables

Regards,

michal

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

You can do this in the Adavanced user defined function. With passing inputs from both strcuture i.e Return and Item then map to target field.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna and Michal.

I Was able to achieve the functionality using Context (cache).

we are expecting thousands of line items in item table and 4-5 rows in return structure for each of the line item. Is this a good approach or should we determine the key field in R/3 itself using a wrapper function module? I am afraid that there will be a huge performance hit.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you get the required keyfield from the R/3 , then it is far better , when compared to execution of Response mapping in XI. And again here you need to take a decision based on the volume/how it wokrs, Execution time etc with live data.

Regards,

Moorthy

Answers (0)