cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of R3 Product Categories Required in E-Classic?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, the customer is implementing SRM 5.5. for indirect procurement only at this time and desires to model product categories in SRM after the UNSPSC model.

There is an existing R3 4.7 backend used for direct procurement with associated material masters and material groups. The material groups in R3 are not useful as it relates to thier desire future state and may in fact conflict (existing documents) with transition to UNSPSC. We do not intend to transfer materials to SRM.

While I know it might not be "normal" is it possible to create a separate product category hierarchy in COMM_HIERARCHY, and while still using e-classic assign that as the hierarchy for purchasing in SRM and ignore any values transferred from R3? What would be the implications of doing this? Again we would not be procurring any items that have an associated R3 material master.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

How about creating eClass categories in SRM locally ?

For example,

+ R3MATCLASS

+ R3LOGICALSYSTEM

- material group1

- material group2

+ SRMLOGICALSYSTEM

- eclass 1

- eclass 2

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki, thanks for the reply. I actually did create a "local" hierarchy and was fully intending to assign it to the purchasing application in COMM_HIERARCHY. Another fellow I work with here said that would have "significant implications" with other back end processes, but couldn't explain any more than that. So I stopped by the forum to post the question as to whether anyone knew what these "implications" might be or had done this sucessfully with no problems. It seems like it ought to be fine, but I wanted to check with others to see for sure.

Kind Regards,

MC

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

What is the deployment mode ? Classic or Extended Classic or Standalone ? I know some big customers who use own material group for direct procurement in classic mode and UNSPSC for indirect materials in standalone mode. It is no problem.

Regards,

Masa