cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execute SAPEVT from 32bit system to 64bit system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

in the past week I'm in trobule during SAP integration. The problem that I found it's this:

I needed to call a SAP Event By SAPEVT from to different server but the problem was that the SAP Server was in 64bit architetture and Server that called SAP server was in 32 bit architetture. When I tryed to call SAPEVT i brought an error about a diffent x86 to x64. Well, the solution that I found was to install SAP GUI in x86 sever and copy sapevt.exe(version for x86 acrh) in the same server, I needed to copy some other dll to able to work but now I'm able to call SAP Event.

Now my question is: this approch are not document in any SAP help but it's works, but I'm not sure that the SAPEVT.EXE for x86 and x64 is exactly the same application: How can I test my SAP enviroment in x64 work correctly using a x86 apps to raise an event? I terrified about a crash of my SAP Erp after a call SAPEVT from server in x86 acrh.

Thaks for eny suggestion.

Mattia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't really understand your problem. A SAP event is a SAP event whether it is triggered from any system.

On our ECC6 production system running on Windows 64 bits (both IA64 and x64) we trigger SAP events every day from a Unix external server with absolutely no problem.

Just validate that your 32 bits sapevet triggers events correctly on your 64 bit system in the Quality environment and you can be confident for the production environment.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

my question regard the problem with different platform. In your unix system you use this syntax to call the event:

SapSystem\SYS\exe\sapevt END_OF_FI_DATATRANS name=C11 nr=11

this method is described in SAP Help, but in my case to execute the SAPEVT i need to use

c:\sapevent\sapevt.exe END_OF_FI_DATATRANS name=C11 nr=11

The sapevt.exe is the exe in x86 platform [copy form a sap x86 server] and I use it to call my production evniroment. This trick let me able to call SAP because if I use the correct syntax I catch en error for the differnet platfomt [caller x86 -> SAP System x64]

thank in advance for you support.

Mattia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mattia,

In your unix system you use this syntax to call the event:

SapSystem\SYS\exe\sapevt END_OF_FI_DATATRANS name=C11 nr=11

Sorry, but no I don't. The unix sapevt executable is stored on the Unix server. I had to download it specially because it is not, of course, part of the windows kernel.

The syntax is more like

/usr/directory/sapevt END_OF_FI_DATATRANS name=C11 nr=11

I still don't inderstand what is your issue because your requirement seems very simple to me.

Regards,

Olivier