cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Master Tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am have created a query in SQVI, the table joint are, MAKT, MVKE, MARC.

the issue with the query is the # of material it is displaying.

if i go to se16 and use the table MARC it gives me all the material in the plant, (We have a lot of materials with no sales area assigned to them)

but with the query it is only showing me the material that has sales area tab assigned to it.

I am open to adding/subtracting tables.

my basic requirement is to pull the description of the materials, & material groups 1,2,3,4,5 , but the query should also display the materials with no sales area tab.

any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member1115366
Active Participant
0 Kudos

SD....

If you use a u201Cleft outer joinu201D from MARC-MATNR to MVKE-MATNR, then your SQVI will display all records from MARC and populate the fields for material group for records that exist in MVKE.

Regards,

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ken,

It does sounds interesting to what you are suggesting, but could you give me more details on how to do it ?, i am not a big expert in SQVI, your help is appreciated.

Regards

Edited by: SD.... on Oct 29, 2010 2:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

awsome got it, thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your requirement to display materials which do not exist in the MVKE is not possible. To use the material group 1 - 5 fields, it is required to use the table MVKE. Now when you join MVKE, MARC and MAKT the system would display ONLY material which exist in all 3 tables.

If you still need the materials which do not exist in the MVKE table then you will have to take help of an ABAPer and prepare a report program. SQVI may not help you here.

Regards,

Pratheb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

Just checking are there any Inventory reports which would have all the materials and would also display the MG 1, MG2, MG3, MG4 & MG5 ?

Thanks agaiin

Former Member
0 Kudos

any help on reports ?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you dont want the sales area details, then why you joined MVKE ?? Remove that and retry.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi