cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloning a Netweaver System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

is it possible to clone a NetWeaver system in a system landscape?

Which changes must be done? For example jdbc connection or something like this. Is a manual available in sapmarketplace?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Max Power

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear William and Gagan,

it's a good idea to use the same procedure like the system copy.

But if I clone a system I have no files for the import. So, I can't run sapinst and also it's not possible to change <sid> etc.

Maybe I'm wrong, please help me.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Max Power

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But if I clone a system I have no files for the import. So, I can't run sapinst and also it's not possible to change <sid> etc

??... You clone a system using an offline backup... by the way if this is an ABAP+JAVA system you should follow the Homogeneous system copy guide. Change of SID can be done during the process without issues.

You can download all the required software from SAP Marketplace as long as you have a valid S-number.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have the export database then with the sapinst you follow a system copy import, En este import tu puedes cambiar el <SID>.

In the marketplace you find the guides for system copy per DB and OS, you can perform you system copy according to the guide tells you

I hope I was clear

Regards

William Neira

Former Member
0 Kudos

But you still need the hostname change.

If its Abap, then profiles can be corrected to reflect the host change change but still java uses hostname in any many areas.

Just follow the SAP standard homogeneous system copy method and its safe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I'm not using an offline backup for the copy. Our NetWeaver installation is running on a virtuel machine and I've copied the complete (virtuel) system. And now I have to do some changes like sid ... It's not a normal system copy

Best regards,

Max Power

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Our NetWeaver installation is running on a virtual machine and I've copied the complete (virtual) system

mean your IP and host name will also change? Mean your system will not comeup as the profile parameters still points to source system host name.

>>And now I have to do some changes like sid

The best option I suggest you is to follow system copy guide, I think this will be the easy and correct option for you. The system copy guide has all the procedures.

There is a live demo under

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

that's right, IP and hostname will also changed. If I follow the procedure of the system copy, in step *2. Define Parameters -> Media Browser > Software Package Check*, I have to select a *migration export* ... but I have no migration export ..

Regards,

Max J. Power

Former Member
0 Kudos

First you have to export your source system and then import into target system using SAPINST.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, cloning a virtuel system and changing parameters is not possible. First there must be an export ...

Thanks.

Max J. Power

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>So, cloning a virtuel system and changing parameters is not possible. First there must be an export ...

Clonning of virtual system is possible if you want to use the same host name and IP. is not if you want to change the hostname, IP and SID. Then you have to follow option given by Juan.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding to William's provided info

Which changes must be done? For example jdbc connection or something like this. Is a manual available in sapmarketplace?

Yes each post installation steps are documented in corresponding system copy documents .

http://service.sap.com/instguides

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

You can done a System Copy. If your origin DB and OS are the same that target. You perform a homogeneous system copy. If your oringin DB and OS are different that target system you perform a Heterogeneous system copy, you need a migration Key.

More info in:

http://service.sap.com/instguides

Regards

William Neira