cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndication Map Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to populate the LFM2 segment in SAP (Plant Data) from MDM. Since it is underneath the LFM1 segment (Purchase Org) I have created a tuple with all necessary fields, then in the Purchase Org tuple I have added a 'Plant' field that is a tuple (that points to my Plant Tuple). So essentially, I have nested it (in MDM) inside the Purchase Org tuple to mimic how it is on the iDoc.

My question is, I've mapped all of the fields on the Syndication Map (the fields under the nested tuple - NOT the multi-valued Plant Tuple itself - nested tuple in the Purchase Org is pointing to).

In Syndicator under the Destination Properties tab: I also put an 'X' in the static text field WERKR (suggestion by an SAP consultant)

When I syndicate to ECC 6.0, I am getting an iDoc error: "enter a valid value"

If I do not have an 'X' in the static text field - I get an iDoc error (something to the effect of) "Plant data not defined in SAP"

Cannot figure out why this is erroring out in SAP! Any suggestions?

Niki

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Niki

SAP MDM may syndicate data to outbound directory in text or xml formats.

For check your syndication map you can do it through Syndicator application.

If syndication map is OK

You can configure syndication server for automatic syndication

Syndicated file should be created in outbound directory.

In another case error file wil be create in "Exception" directory.

After that SAP Netweaver PI(XI) get syndicated file from outbound directory and send it to ECC

File may be modified or transform to another format into PI(XI)

If first part work fine - search error in SAP NetWeaver PI(XI)

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kanstantsin,

Everything with the MDSS server, ports, syndication is working fine. When I do not populate the Plant Level tuple fields, iDocs save fine. Its just in the particular plant situation.

I'm wondering if there is any way to make the tuple field that is in the Purchasing Org tuple (the nested tuple) multi valued?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Niki

Sorry, i haven't solution for that case

maybe that can help you?

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_mdm/~form...

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niki,

you cant define the tuple as multi value,

there are two options.

1.You can define the nested tuple as u did

2.or you can define a Look Up field with multi value

For populating the fields with you can use Complex XSD.

regards

shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I was able to define the Tuple as multi-valued (nested in the Company Code tuple) and this worked. It had to be 'multi-valued' to be mapped.

Thanks for the input anyways!