Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying 7.01 SPS7 on NWDI server

sarah_bavousett
Participant
0 Kudos

I am fairly new to NWDI. NWDI serever is at 7.01 sp3

I am in the process of deploying SPS7 on our NWDI server prior to doing the Support pack SPS7 maintenance on the NWDI development tracks. Do I need to do any thing specific to my Tracks. Does it matter if some of my tracks have components checked out and open activities.

Any advise would be appreciated

Thanks

Sarah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah,

regarding the NWDI server SP upgrade:

please notice that it is not ok to update only the software components DI_CMS, DI_DTR and DI_CBS to SP7, you need to update the entire SP stack. I mean that if these SCs are on SP7 and the other SCs like say JEECOR or JTECHS are on e.g SP5, that is not supported. During the upggrade it is not recommended to have ongoing development which involves the NWDI server being upgraded. You can do development locally of course.

Notice also, that if you want to upgrade the whole stack to SP7 anyway, then it is fine. But if you want to upgrade the SP stack to SP7 only due to NWDI, then the upgrade is maybe not even necessary. NWDI is only a framework, it is enough to update the build plugins inside the track (e.g. SAP_BUILDT, SAP-JEE, SAP_JTECHS, etc.).

Regarding the track update:

yes, please ensure you have no open activities, and then you can go for updating the track.

After the track update on the NWDI server, the development configuration on local side, (in NWDS for each developer) must be updated. After this you must ensure that you deploy the SCs of this track only to runtime systems which are also on SP7 (the wole stack).

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ervin

sarah_bavousett
Participant
0 Kudos

Ervin

I was planning to upgrade the NWDI servr with the entire support pack stack 7. Allowing no devleolment activities but I can have SC's checked out and open activies.

Then I was going to clheck-in all SC's and close all activities and begin updating my development tracks with the SPS7 & SC's required.

Corrcet?

Thank you,

Sarah

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah,

I'd recommend to close the activities, and then go for the upgrade.

Best Regards,

Ervin