Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print the UPC-A Barcode on the ZEBRA S4M printer

ananthula_sumanth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using ZEBRA S4M printer and we have to print UPC-A Barcode from the smartform.

There is not Barcode character defined to it. How to print the barcode without barcode character format on the label.

Rest all the fields of the label are printing correctly on the label.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to print Barcode then you need to do the following.

1. Create Barcode using new technology in Txn. SE73.

2. Create New Style with Barcode Character in Txn. SMARTFORMS

3. Then assign the character format for those values you want to print it has barcode in the Smartform.

For more info on how to assign the barcode font in smartform please refer this link. http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/202279604/2dbarcode.JPG

Regards

GK.

Edited by: Gnana Kumar on Oct 27, 2010 6:42 AM

ananthula_sumanth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gnana,

Thanks for your reply.

Currently there is no font defined in our SAP system which supports UPC-A barcode format.

To defne new barcode in SE73, it requires to implement the necessary steps like

1. having the necessary dll files - which may be supplied by any third party vendor.

2. And the required device types.

If the the above information is available, the new barcode can be created in SAP.

But i dont have sufficient information whether the above approach has to be followed, as UPC-A is the Universal Product Code and needs to be printed to the confirmed guidelines.

I also know that EAN13 is the superset of UPC-A and EAN13 barcode is supported by SAP ECC6.0. I tried to print using EAN13 but the values that i read using barcode reader didnot match the with values that i provide.

EAN13 is 13 character barcode whereas UPC-A supports only 12 character.

Please suggest if any suitable solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SE73... flag System barcode.. click on change button.. Then create a new barcode technology, And select the "barcode Symbology" as Code128, This will solve your problem.

Regards

GK.

ananthula_sumanth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gnana,

CODE128 and UPC-A labels look different.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Chk this Note 25344, Hope other Form leaders will comeup with their sugestions soon.,

Regards

GK.

ananthula_sumanth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for all your valuable solutions. Atlast we decided to go for 3rd party software (TEC-IT) where they have to update barcode DLL in the print server. But ultimately we dropped the plan and finally decided to go with available system barcodes.

Regards,

Sumanth Kumar.