cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approver process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Is it possible to assign more than one document type for workflow process in SAP DMS. Because we are having more than 100 document types which will be approved by more than 20 people.

Please let me know that is there any other way to address this.

rgds,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

First thing is that workflow works separately for each document type and status can be managed by document type wise at several levels ,there is limitation of seven levels.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravindra,

Do I need to configure workflow for more than 100 times. I think its not possible.I have standard status Network Inwork, Request for Approval and Released which is managed for all the doc types.

Could u please suggest any alternative method to manage this.

Let me also know how to execute same workflow process through Easy DMS.

Rgds,

Daya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

Though you have 100 document types ,it doen't matter. The woekflow works on document status. If you have same status network for all the document type then you can use one workflow for all. But if you have different workflows for different documents then make groups of these and create different worklfows.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravindra,

I have configured workflow for one Doc type. Its working, But approve workflowl is coming to my Userl ID only. It is supposed to go to Approver User ID.

Can somebody Suggest how to maintain approver user ID in DMS workflow.

And also in workflow process in workflow builder-->Basic Data>Start Events-->Start Condition we maintain Expressions.

How to maintain Multiple Expression in the same.

with regards,

Dayanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i am understanding your requirement clearly you wanted apporval process for different document types..I think it can be possible as different document types had diff. status on the basis you can configured your approval process easily.

If there are 100 doc type & 20 people still you can control approval through proper authorisation combination of Doc. Type & Doc. Stauts Management.

Thanks...