cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair Sales Order Pricing Conditions (RMA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I have an issue with pricing and hoping someone may be able to help...

Here is our scenerio on repair order processing at the present time

1. Create Service Nitofication - IW54

2. Create Repair Sales Order-VA01 (this creates two line items on the sales order item categories ZDRS and ZDRE)

3 Receive Rapir Order - VL01n and VL02n - This creates a thrid line item on Sales Order item categories ZDRP

4. the inbound receipt automatically creates the Service Order (IW32)

5. Release Service order - IW32

6. add time and materials - IW32

7. Confirm and Teco Complete service order - IW42 (create line item on sales order item category ZDAL which is for outbound)

8. Run DP90 to create billing request (this create line item on sales order item category ZDIN for time and materials can have multiple lines with this item category...i,e, several material needed for repair each material is created and also of standard calibration it also creates)

My problem is that when the sales order is being created for a material that we repair, if that material does not have a ZPRI price in our price list for that material we end up with invoice issues that have no value. Also, this helps with GTS value that needs to also pull though. So I am trying to put a process in place to prevent the order takers from skipping through if there was not a price and they would get a hard error stating that the price was missing in the price list they are using. In the config in V/08 for the repair pricing procedure I made the ZPRI pricing condition for repair orders to be manadatory. This worked (of course in the condition tab of sales order it was yellow as it is not suppose to be part of the bill price so that was good) until we tested the invoicing....On the ZDIN (blliable items) it is wanting the ZPRI price on labor charges which is covered bt ZCAL pricing condition and has nothing to do with the ZPRI pricing is being repaired. It keeps wanting me to add ZPRI for that lline item .This is not a solution for us as it makes accounting have to enter a price even though though the price condition for ZPRI is also yellow...if the ZPRI is not there, it will not allow us to invoice. I put the config back and removed the manadatory condition for the prcing procedure.

Does anyone know how I can manage on repair orders a price that is missing from the price list and keep it for only the material that is being repaired? This would be the first line of the sales order portion that is missing a price in the price list and does not have anything to do with a total amount to be billed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kimberly

Firstly I am guessing ZDIN item category holds good for both parts and labor (services).

What I would do is have another pricing condition, say, ZPRC and make that mandatory. Then I will probably use an Alt. Cond Value formula for ZPRC with this kind of logic in effect;

ZPRC is ZPRI for part materials

ZPRC is ZCAL Service materials

Does that work for you?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes ZDIN item category is good for parts and labor. Would I need to create this condition in V/08 for the pricing procedure for repair. Would I just bypass the ZPRI for the ZDIN item category to be if you can help me with the steps to achieve this I would appreciate it....I am quite new to the SD module and have not yet learned all the different ways of accomplishing things.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes

Here are the broad steps:

1) Create ZPRC using v/06 by copying a suitable existing condition type - but without access sequence and make it a quantity based condition (may be).

2) Include ZPRC in the pricing procedure (v/08) at a right location after ZPRI and ZCAL, check the mandatory box.

3) Using T code VOFM ( you may need an ABAPer) set up a new Alt, Condition value formula #- You may need an ABAPer by your side while doing this This will create the shell- FV64AXXX- for new code. Decide here if you want it to replace the rate ( to be multiplied by quantity to get the value) or the value ( ultimate product) that you want to go in for.

4) Ask the ABAPer to code it with the logic I mentioned before.

5) Test through till invoicing and resolve issues you may face.

There could be several other ways to do this and I am hoping opthers will pitch in too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.....I try this and revert back. If anyone else has another suggestion, please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great.

Some after thoughts-

I hope labor items will have ZCAL but never ZPRI. And parts will have only ZPRI and not ZCAL. Otherwise our logic may get beaten.

Also may be you can avoid the formula business in this fashion :

Step 90 ZPRI

Step 100 ZCAL

Step 110 ZPRC from (90 ) to (100)

Hopefully there are no steps (prices) between 90-100 .

Former Member
0 Kudos

I made it all the way to the VOFM. I went to Maintain Formulas Condition Value. I tried to add a new one however the system gave me an error stating that you do not have authorizations to create a standard routine. I am in the dev client. I see where there is routine number 140 for basic price it is not allozated to a application (assuming this would be VE - SD Services since this is for RMA's). I can add the VE to the application but this application already has code...before I do this, I wanted to check to ensure that is the correct thing to do. Please advise

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to create a new entry (formula) and it will be in the range 600-999 meant for custom routines. It will have an equivalent code RV64AXXX where XXX is the new entry you created. You may use the next available number in that 600-999 series. You may also have some numbering and naming conventions, so check with your team.

Read the IMG documentation :

SPRO/IMG/Sales and Distribution/System Modifications/Routines/Define Formulas For Pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

And the application still will be V (SD) as the this is a Sales Debit memo and it is a Sales Pricing procedure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi for some reason your suggestion to see if the below would work before we try the formula...I did not get this info until later...I am going to try it to see if it works

Also may be you can avoid the formula business in this fashion :

Step 90 ZPRI

Step 100 ZCAL

Step 110 ZPRC from (90 ) to (100)

Hopefully there are no steps (prices) between 90-100 .

Yes, the ZCAL is only for labor and ZPRI is only for pricing. My step numbering is different than above but there are no steps in between... I am trying this before I add the logic for a formula I will revert back

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the delayed response; I have been out on a family matter.

I tried to enter the pricing condtion record in VK11 and it will not let me because of the access sequence. It has been a while since you have read this so it might help to read back thru my issue.

Your advice would be helpful. I did not create a new formula; I am trying to test with what you mentioned without the creation of the formula.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tested this and here is my findings. This would be for a standard calibration with repair scenerio

I create the service notification and the repair sales order...The repair sales order gives the error that the ZPRC is missing (mandatory condition). I want the price of the unit to automatically enter here and on the condition tab of the sales order the price is yellow not green...as i do not want the price of the unit that is a customer property to be calculated in the cost only need it for GTS (foreign trade) documents. If I manually enter the ZPRC price here at creation it turns yellow like it needs to but we do not want the end user (sales admins) manually entering this. We do not sell this unit anymore but we support it for the customer so it will come in for repair. In DP90 transaction when I select the sales price it asks me for the ZPRC repair price and I input the price of the repair (the labor is inputting on its own off of the service order in IW32; so I do not need to add labor charges here). I enter the cost of the material used for repair. It seems to go thru fine until invoicing. I get a pricing error and I see my ZPRC added but also see another ZPRC in red that wants a price.

Here is what I need to happen...I need this for GTS reasons and invoice reason on material we support but no longer sale...

1. error when no price is in system for the unit being repaired.

2. price of the unit is used for custom purposes and needs to be on the custom documents just like we do on the new units we sell

3. DP90 allows the user to enter the repair price of the cost of repair (material used)

4. Labor charges (this is working properly)

5. When creating the invoice the charges are on the invoice without the ZPRC (recently configured) showing up twice...One is red and the other is green and receive an error message that states pricing error.

When entering the repair sales order I need the value of the unit to be populated (but not to be calculated on the invoice). I need this to be automatically populated but do not want this value of the unit to be invoiced as the value is only for custom purposes..

The end user can then get with appropriate person to add the value of the unit in VK11 pricing condition; I can use the one we use (ZPRI) or the one I just created ZPRC, or another.

Today we use ZPRI condition for our prices on sales order; the material that does not have a price; are the ones that are no longer sold but we do still support..

The repair price of the unit (this is stand cal with repair; stand cal; ansi cal with repair; ansi cal; and norm) and the labor needs to be calculated through the DP90 process; and material used for repair. When the goods issue is done the invoice will be created and will show the labor and repair price and freight if applicable. This should be done at line item level and not header level.

Your advice is greatly appreciated. As I have stated earlier. I am new to the SD module and we do not have a SD consultant on hand.

Kim

Edited by: Kimberly Blair on Dec 20, 2010 8:57 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If someone could help me on this it would be greatly appreciated