cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify the SOAP attachment name

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have a Service with Party, which sends messages in SOAP format to XI.

When the SOAP message sent to XI contains a '&' character in its attachment name, the message gets failed to processed through XI.

I believe this happens since '&' character is a wildcard character in XML hence XI expects a escape character sequence following it and cannot parse through the '&' character. Also as per the IR tests executed for the SOAP message, when the '&' is replaced with its escape sequence the message is processed through successfully.

Is it possible to replace the '&' character with its escape sequence in the SOAP attachment name before it is processed by the XI Integration Engine. That is at the adapter level?

regards,

Diptee

Edited by: diptee s on Oct 26, 2010 4:47 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please use this blog

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/9420 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My service does not have a SOAP sender channel as yet, the messages are being sent via HTTP.

So i would try the Java mapping and will get back to the forum in case i need anything else.

thanks and regards,

Diptee

Edited by: diptee s on Oct 27, 2010 6:58 AM

Edited by: diptee s on Oct 27, 2010 7:00 AM

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could explain what you mean by "SOAP attachment name"?

Where in the XI message is the "&"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

SOAP messages exchanged through XI may contain attachments ryt....so the '&' appears in the name of one such attachment.

regards,

Diptee

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have created the Java Mapping .

in the pdf document How Tou2026Work with Character Encodings in Process Integration from SAP, for the Escape sequences it is said that for adding Escape sequences to the unescaped characters, add the Java mapping before the required mapping.

however, i am not able to test the interface in the IR even after adding the new Java mapping.

please suggest.

regards,

Diptee

Answers (0)