cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM-MDM Catalogue - Field Catalog Item GUID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SRM-MDM Experts,

We are implementing SRM-MDM 3.0. What is the field Catalogue Item GUID found on the main table Catalog Items used for? How can we uniquely identify catalogue items that have no material master numbers (i.e. we have decided to define our non-stock items in the catalogue and not in SAP MM)

Thanks and regards

Pedzi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

GUID in catalog is just unique ID. It is used for catalog validation ( re validate item when items are copied from old SC) and detail ( display item detail in catalog from SC).

You have to maintain supplier parts number in catalog if you do not use material master code. So supplier knows what are ordered in PO/Sales Order.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your responses. Now, if I am manually importing an excel file with products using the SRM-MDM Import Manager, what fields do I use to match and uniquely identify existing products? I want exsiting products to be updated and new products to be created.

Regards

Pedzi

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Supplier ID + Supplier Parts Number can be unique in Catalog.

Regards,

Masa

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Field Catalogue Item GUID is ans Auto-ID field which keep on incrementing as you create new catalog item. This field is very useful to identify a single catalog item among others in repository. If you are using scenario Old SC and Templates, this field is called from SRM to check the latest prices in catalog. Whenever any catalog item transfer from catalog to SRM, its GUID also got transferred and you can see it BBP_PDIGP.

If you want to determine catalog items with no Product ID (Material Master), drill-down to Free Form Serach in Data Manager and enter parameter as

Product ID Is Null Yes

ans you will get the desired results.

Thanks,

Anshuk Saxena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anshuk,

Thank you for your explanation. Now tell me, if I am calling the SRM-MDM Catalogue from SAP MM (ME51N), is the Catalog Item GUID number also sent to the MM requisition?

Regards

Pedzi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pedzi,

Catalogue Item GUID is a unique identifier for all items loaded into the catalog. You can uniquely identify catalog items using that field/value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Onyedika,

Thank you for your explanation.

Regards

Pedzi