cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Support pack in Portal system with ESS & NWDI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

NW Portal system has the current support pack level of JAVA stack 11 which includes ESS business backages SAP_ESS 603 SP1, BP_ERP5ASS,BP_ERP5COM,BP_ERP5ESS, BP_ERP5HRA, BP_ERP5PSS 1.0 SP12. We are using NWDS for doing some customizing the ESS portal iViews configuration and transporting through NWDI tracks.

If we are upgrading the support pack for netweaver and portal, whether the business packages and the java stack needs to be go through JSPM or through NWDI transport?

At the same time we like to upgrade the SLD system which has only JAVA stack installed separately. What are the thing that we need to do in SLD before & after updating the support packages like CIM model, etc.

As we are having the JAVA stack NETWEAVER 7.0,Eventhough SOLMAN mopz decides the level of SP level, but is it good to go to EHP1 or stay in the current Netweaver 7.0 Java stack and our current ECC are going to be in the Netweaver 7.0 Java.

Thanks

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thunder_feng
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John

Firstly I would like to suggest you read this:

the article explains the version relationship between the involved components very well.

Regarding upgarding SLD, it should not effect the portal/NWDI upgarde.

Best regards,

Thunder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The link really helps me. I compared all the java stack in my landscape and found out that SAP_ESS 603 package was not in the development system but its there in the production system and I saw that the provider of the package is the development system SID (Provider name found in http://<Host name>:5xx00/sap/monitoring/ComponentInfo).

How can I update the SAP_ESS package in the Development system and in the production system?

Thanks

John

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

use SDM to upgrade SAP_ESS package

thunder_feng
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, please download the ESS relevant SCA files for the version you need , and deploy it to youro system with SDM or JSPM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved. Thanks for all your Help.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You got a lot of bad advice up above. I presume you figured out how to reintegrate your ESS Java WebDynpro customizations with NWDI and NWDS in concert with JSPM (unless it was only portal content customizations you made?), since you state the issue was solved. Following some of what was suggested above would have resulted in the loss of your customizations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

If we are upgrading the support pack for netweaver and portal, whether the business packages and the java stack needs to be go through JSPM or through NWDI transport?

JSPM only

At the same time we like to upgrade the SLD system which has only JAVA stack installed separately. What are the thing that we need to do in SLD before & after updating the support packages like CIM model, etc.

May be you want to trigger data push manually once from all system to make sure if everything is working fine , other than this nothing

As we are having the JAVA stack NETWEAVER 7.0,Eventhough SOLMAN mopz decides the level of SP level, but is it good to go to EHP1 or stay in the current Netweaver 7.0 Java stack and our current ECC are going to be in the Netweaver 7.0 Java.

Its good to go with latest , but to be in sync with ECC you can continue with 7.0.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gagan Deep,

Thanks for your valuable answer. If we upgrade through JSPM, whether all the iview customizing will remain the same.

Once we update the Support package and business package in the portal system, whether it will automatically pulls the information when we logged into NWDS.

Thanks

John

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Support pack is nothing but, modification and up gradation in SAP standard object and not on customize object.

Up gradation of support pack never impact the customer modification in java stack.

After up gradation of support pack, you will be using NWDS as normal, no extra action need to taken.

One more thing to highlight, is to export the SLD content before you start the SLD content upgrade.

Thanks

Anil