cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client x.x.x.x is not known to the message server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of my customers is getting strange messages in the Development system of their SRM landscape. The messages are:

Client x.x.x.x is not known to the message server

Where x.x.x.x is the IP address of a workstation. The messages occur a few times per day, and they are always grouped. There are always about 5 identical messages with the same IP, but the next occurence may be from a different IP. Also, the QAS and PRD systems are configured identically (as far as I know) but they do not have this message.

I do not understand why this message occurs. The "clients" of a message server are it's application servers, not the connected workstations. The users/developers are not doing anything special at this time. There are no dumps, the messages only appear in ST22.

At another forum it was suggested that the problem may be with the printers in SPAD (there was one type F printer which I chaged to type G and eventually removed, but no change) or with the operation modes. I was also asked to check the logon groups. Everything seems normal there too.

Does anyone have any idea where to look?

Thanks

Mischa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this SAP NOTE ...The R/3 System relies on the operation system to resolve names and IP-addresses of other hosts (for example, host names of other Application Servers in the same R/3 system or IP-addresses of client computers that access the system).

Try adding the host entries of R/3 system(Messager server) on Client computer and check if it works.

Note 124562 - Hostname resolution problems (DNS timeouts)