cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate instances exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a DC_1 with two windows. Each windows has the same two views.

This DC_1 is called from another DC_2.

After I call DC_1 from DC_2, and then call view_1 from view_2(within the same window), I get Duplicate Instance Exception.

I think I should some how check if view_1 has an instance before calling it. But I do I do that?

Thank y ou

regards

yuval

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

So just put them in to different window and call both the window from DC2. If you want to interact between both the views in DC2 so just interact between the interface views directly.

Thanks

Ravindra Singh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why are you putting both the view_1 and view_2 in both the windows.

There are two ways of implementing it.

1. If you want to perform the operation between the views in DC1 and showing one view at a time in DC2 so just put them in one window and embed this interface view in DC2. You will automatically get both the view in DC2.

2. If you want to show both the views of DC1 in DC2 in one go show put them in different windows and embed this windows in DC2.

If you are still not clear just make your requirement clear. I think you are implementing it wrongly.

Thanks & Regards

Ravindra Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. If I use one window in DC1 and embed two views in it, then when I call this window from DC2, I wil always get the default view.

2. What I need to do is to be able to call either view1 or view2 from DC2.

Thank you

yuval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please explain it more what exactly you want to achieve and where these view_1 and view_2 exist ?

Thanks & regards

Ravindra Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

View_1 and View_2 exist in one DC.

This DC has two windows.

Each window contains these two views.

In addition I have another DC . From this DC I am callin view_1 and view_2. This works well.

But after calling these views from the other DC, it is impossible to for view_1 to call view_23 directly.

I hope I made myself clear.

regards

yuval