cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC vs NonSingleton Node

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I need to retrieve a list of order with relevant items. The application will display a list with order header data and, on lead-selection, a detail view view with header details and positions data.

What I need to know is if it is better to retrieve all data from a single RFCmodel call and store them in a NonSingleton node rather than call an RFCmodel to retrieve headers and then use supply function to retrieve details and positions for the order selected using a dedicated RFCmodel.

The first solution will require much more memory to store all the data. On the other and the second solution will require more network resources due to the high number of RFCModel calls.

What I'd like to know is if exists a "right" way or "better" way to approach this problem and in case which are the reasons for this.

Thank you in advance,

Stefano

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefano,

Assuming an order can have more than one item, and if the number of orders displayed in huge, using a supply function and singleton node will be ideal. Say, if number of orders and associated items are not huge in number, and retrieving them all at once will not effect the performance much, it is better we get all data once than using a RFC call for every order selection. This just reduces the number of times a RFC is executed.

This is just what I feel. But using a supply function is a good practice always.

Best regards,

Chinnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using supply function will be right choice because there are gonna be a lot of orders and would keep increasing with time . Storing each order detail is just not feasible for huge data as it will affect the application performance.

Hence use supply function.

Regards

Deepak

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

good suggestions