cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incident Management, hide fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am trying to search if I can customize the user interface while creating a support desk message via Help and Create Message or via workcenter.

What I want to do, is to hide the field Components, in order to make the service desk message creation easier for the end user. How can I customize that?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Mohamed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

pls use the report RDSWP_NOTIF_CREATE_CUSTOMIZE_S to customize the screen fields.

for example refer this

[service desk -end to end solution|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c009c947-221d-2c10-e9ab-f8ad69acb99b?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply,

But I've also seen this document and this is a way to customize fields on NOTIF_CREATE sreen. I need to customize creation screen on workcenter creen or via HELP and CREATE MESSAGE. Is there any way to do that like for NOTIF_CREATE?

Thank you for your help.

Mohamed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mohamed,

In workcenter's webdynpros, you can customize the display using the URL parameter sap-config-mode=X then right click on an element and choose Settings for current configuraiton. There you can set the attributes for the field (visibility, default value,...)

The problem here is that the field is a mandatory one. In that case the personalization won't work (it is a known bug since you should be able to provide a default value for all messages then make the field invisible). So the only way to perform such a customization is to make a webdynpro enhancement in SE80.

Hope it helps.

BR.

Stéphane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Stephane.

I have tested that and it works fine. Why you say that it is a known bug? maybe my release it has been corrected (we are on solman Ehp1 SP23) or simply I haven't understood what you said.

Anyway, the field has been removed from the workcenter UI. Can I remove the same field from the ABAP UI when I create the message from HELP and CREATE MESSAGE? Because our end users can have access to both ABAP and workcenter UI.

BR

Mohamed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

Did you tried to close the creation webdynpro, open it again and create a new message ? I last worked with SP21 and there was an error message for unspecified component... Tell me ! Perhaps it has been corrected as of SP23.

As far as I know it is not possible to customize the Help --> Create Support Message screen. But you can implement the BAdI SBCOS001 if you want to add a specific treatment for support messages that were created from managed systems.

Hope this helps.

BR.

Stéphane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. You are right, even if we have updated our Solution Manager to SP25 this night. yesterday, I have just changed the visibility so I thought the problem resolved :).

So, can you please tell me a workaround? How can I make the field "component" not mandatory and remove it from the UI? I am not a developer so how can I work with SE80?

thank you for your answers and help.

Best Regards,

Mohamed BOUSSAID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

any update? please tell me how can I remove the field "component" even if it's a mandatory one with workcenter?

BR

Mohamed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mohamed,

The reason why I didnu2019t answer earlier is that it is a bit complicated procedure to detail. So letu2019s try...

Make sure you read the procedure entirely before starting execution.

1. Execute SE80 transaction to launch the ABAP development workbench

2. In the left hand panel, choose u201CWeb Dynpro Comp. / Intf.u201D from the dropdown list

3. Enter AGS_WORK_INCIDENT_CREATE in the field below and click on display. The Webdynpro component is displayed.

The next thing to do is to remove the u201Cmandatory conditionu201D from the code for the component field. To do that proceed as follow :

4. Click the Enhance button (the spiral).

5. In the dialog box set a name and a short text for your enhancement implementation and continue.

In the enhancement mode you shouldnu2019t be able to click on the Enhance button. Beware, you can make changes only in the enhance mode. Please make sure you are in this mode anytime.

6. Navigate to COMPONENTCONTROLLER in the arborescence. Select the Methods tab.

7. Double-click on the method CHECK_REQUIRED and look for u201CCOMPONENTu201C in the code (ctrl-F). To remove the mandatory attribute you will have to delete the following code :

if ls_problem_descr-COMPONENT is INITIAL.
      lv_text = WD_ASSIST->IF_WD_COMPONENT_ASSISTANCE~GET_TEXT( 'E05' ).

CALL METHOD lo_message_manager->REPORT_ATTRIBUTE_ERROR_MESSAGE
        EXPORTING
          MESSAGE_TEXT   = lv_text
          ELEMENT        = lo_el_problem_descr
          ATTRIBUTE_NAME = 'COMPONENT'.
    endif.

But do not do it now.

8. Check you are still in enhance mode and go back to the method list

9. On the right of the method name, you should be able to see three column with button in it. Click on the button u201CCreate Overwrite exitu201D for the method CHECK_REQUIRED. You should see something like that :

method _OVR_D95UQZSAC9MW3AE689WILNK2N . "Exit of CHECK_REQUIRED (in ZELP_CUST_ENH_ADD_FIELDS )
endmethod.

Copy all the method CHECK_REQUIRED content except the method and endmethod statements and past it between the method and end method statements of your exit.

10. Comment the lines described at step 7.

11. Activate your changes (make sure you are in enhance mode !!)

Two more things to do : set a default value because it is necessary and remove the field from the Webdynpro.

12. In the same way than at step 9, create a post-exit for method WDDOINIT of COMPONENTCONTROLLER.

13. Paste the following code between the method and endmethod statements :

* set default component value
  DATA: lo_nd_problem_descr TYPE REF TO if_wd_context_node,
        lo_el_problem_descr TYPE REF TO if_wd_context_element.

lo_nd_problem_descr = wd_context->get_child_node( name = wd_this->wdctx_problem_descr ).

IF lo_nd_problem_descr IS INITIAL.
    RETURN.
  ENDIF.

lo_el_problem_descr = lo_nd_problem_descr->get_element( ).

IF lo_el_problem_descr IS INITIAL.
    RETURN.
  ENDIF.

lo_el_problem_descr->set_attribute( name =  `COMPONENT` value = 'AC-INT' ).

Note: you can change the default value for the COMPONENT here changing AC-INT by another component of the list (make sure the component exist !!!).

14. Activate your changes as in step 11.

15. Navigate to Views in the arborescence and double click on the VWGENERAL view. Select the Layout tab. Normally you should see a preview for the view similar to what you can see when using the workcenter.

16. Double-click on the component input field in the preview or navigate to COMPONENT_INPUTFIELD in the hierarchical view.

17. In enhance mode, right click on the COMPONENT_INPUTFIELD and select remove from the context menu.

18. Do the same on the COMPONENT_LABEL.

Activate your enhancement and test.

Enjoy !!

Hope this helps.

BR.

Stéphane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stéphane,

thank you very much for this solution. I was able to perform actions although I'm not a developer!!

Merci beaucoup.

But just a last question, if I want to return back to the original webdynpro, I can delete simply the enhancement with right clic on my enhancement created below and delete?

thank you.

BR,

Mohamed

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're right, deleting the enhancement will set the state of the webdynpro to original.

Perhap's you will have to activate again the webdynpro component, but i'm not sure of that.

BR.

Stéphane.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

When performing step 9, I see the following message: "Please cursor on a valid entry."

The cursor is on the method that I wish to change.

Anyone know why this is happening?

thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, as I was expieriencing the same problem, I would like to ask if there is a task on SAP to fix this default-value issue?