cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Assurance Agreements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone.

My customer has a requirement too print certain quality conditions on the purchase order. These are setup as standard texts in our system.

What is the best way to realise this requirement?

I was considering simply entering these in the PO item text on the purchase info record but this is not such a good idea since I cannot limit access to the PIR for only quality dept staff since the info record is accessed by purchasing staff also.

I have read up about Quality assurance agreement (DMS doc type Q01 and Q02) in the config notes it states :

"The settings have been made so that-

The output function in procurement (for example, the purchase order printout) can process these documents. Therefore, in the standard system there are only SAPscript texts allowed for this document type."

and

"Purchase Order Printout

If the valid TDTs or QAA contains a long text of less than 2 lines, the single line of text is not printed in the procurement output. You must therefore create another line by pressing 'Return'."

Does this mean that if long text is used with reference to these doc types they will be printed on the PO output?

any help with a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply... I guess I haven't really explained myself very well here.

Put very simply, my requirement is to be able to allow quality guys to specify some text that will appear on a purchase order. But in some sort of a controlled manner.

Forgetting about standard texts for the moment... I am reading up about QAA's and I undertstand that they are documents in the DMS... but that doesn't seem to suit my requirements. If I have a DIR in my DMS (don't you just love all these acronyms?!?) only the actual document number will go onto my purchase order printout not the actual stuff in the document itself... this is kinda pointless in my opinion... at least it is for my requirements.

At the moment I'm inclined to go with using the long text of the Q-Info record and having this text printed on my PO line items.

Anyone got a better idea? I'm looking for some suggestions for a simple solution please....

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Q-Info record is probably not a bad way to go.

I beleive the only reason the document Id is the only thing that prints from the QA in the DMS is because the form for the PO is set up to only print that. That's what SAP provides in the standard example form. You should be to work with a forms person to print out the short text description of the QA or maybe the first 4 or 5 lines of the long text. If you know the long text isn't ever that long, just have them print the whole long text out.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks FF ... I can see this will probably be the solution ...

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You say the agreement is set up as standard text?

The quality assurance documents need to be set up in the DMS.

FF