cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install FAX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

I´m confuse with the options to install a fax on sap. The only option is to using the smtp, via sapconnect?

More thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

If you are using ECC 6 systems, then in transaction code SCOT (sapconnect), you will find "FAX Telefax".

Click on that and check on create. Then you can create a fax connection. Ensure that the corresponding TCP/IP RFC connection is working fine from the ECC system to the Faxination server and vice-versa.

Try this and let me know.

Regards,

Hari Kishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer, but only is te unique option? Via smtp with fax server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

I dont think STMP is coming into the picture in this case. Because you are not using SMTP.

You are creating a new node under FAX and creating the corresponding TCP/IP RFC connection in SM59 through which your SAP system is connected to the faxination server.

I hope this has answered your question.

Regards,

Hari Kishan

0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

There is two methods available to send faxes from SAP. Both are sent via SAPconnect (txn SCOT).

(1) Send fax via SMTP

In this case SAP wraps the fax in an SMTP envelope to an SMTP server (such as exchange) and the fax is relayed by the fax plug-in on the SMTP server.

(20 Send fax via RFC

In this case SAPconnect creates an RFC call via SM59 and contacts a SAP certified fax software vendor and the fax is relayed this way. If you choose this method you need to install a certified vendor available at the following link http://www.sap.com/ecosystem/customers/directories/SearchSolution.epx -> Fax Vendors

Hope this helps

Michael

Answers (0)