Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P_TRAVL: Restricting Cost center authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

My customer is requiring to restrict the authorization of travel request approvals by cost center. As you may imagine, the creation and maintenance effort is huge. We are looking for other solutions. Please note the HR-Org is not to be used at this moment. Some possibilities are:

a) Using an alternative cost center hierarchy for authorization issues. However, it seems to be that the object P_TRAVL only accepts the standard hierarchy as validation criteria. Do you know if this can be changed?

b) A work-around (user-exit) for example, where the manager can only authorize the requests that are linked to his/her cost center. Employee master data is used and the cost center is included.

Do you have some other ideas that might be helpful? Thank you in advance,

Claudia Aguirre

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe I am reading your request wrong, but when I look at P_TRAVL, KOSTL is a field. You would simply create separate roles for travel approvers by cost center and give the appropriate authorization in each.

For example:

Role 1: Z_TravelApprover_1220

Auth: P_TRAVL

KOSTL: 1220

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if I understand you question then you could use standard object but you problem is that you will have to maintain too many roles. It does not look like there is a user exit which you could use (option b) but it looks like there is function group HRTR_AUTH which contains all checks for P_TRAVL. So you can still use enhancement framework to modify this logic but it's risky.

Have you though about writing a simple tool which would generate a simple role for each cost center with P_TRAVL only and then assign it to all users using another custom program?

Cheers