Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

check-in original automatically after changing the original

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Sorry for my bad english.

I create a document from MM02 with xls original. I don't see CV01N. This original is check-in automatically : good !

I don't want manage version or status.

I wan't modify this xls originals from MM02. I see CV02N. I modify the original and when I save and close excel then CV02N automatically closes. My xls original is not check in. Why ?

I tried to use the status (with archive automatically) but it's the same...

Can you help me please ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is possible but for this you need to maintain a single status may be released(Depends on your business need).

Mark this status as initial status and tick the checkbox "check in" for this status.

This will automatically check in the file after changes are made and you save the DIR.

One more thing , maintain content repository in profile against the user so that your file will be stored without asking for any repository while saving.

All above should be done in IMG.

This will solve your problem.

Regards

Abhijit A. Pachgade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to maintain a single status : it's ok for the first time (when I create the DIR) but not for the second time (when I modify the DIR).

I think I must try a solution with abap't.

Thank you for your help.

Audrey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Audray,

write a program with help of abap'r for this. we have done the same in current project. It's not feasible in standard environment.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Coud you give me an example of abap program for this ?

Is it a modification of standard program ?

Thank you

Regards,

Audrey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Audrey,

No it will not modification of standard program. Kindly consult with Abap'r , you need to write background program which will do the check-in after after changing original since it's not feasible in standard.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ravindra

Regards,

Audrey

0 Kudos

In SPRO --> Unde Define workstation application Maintain application type 2 (change ) for the XLS application type.

and when ever you wanna change the excel sheet attached in a DIR, go in change mode (CV02N) right click on the original file and click on process under...there will be a popup screen just click ok....

the excel sheet will open and will allow you to edit.

once you edit the document SAVE the DIR.

next time if you open the document it will show with the latest changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I made the customizing that you specified.

I tried to save the DIR immediately after the xls document is opened but I canu2019t because the DIR automatically closes when the xls document is opened.

Have you got another idea for me ?

Thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Audrey,

Kindly check following points:

1. Without version change ,it will not change. Have you maintained versions in DC10 for said document type.

2.When you change DIR, status must be changed, Is it happening?

3. If you want automatic archival of previous versions, you need to write a small program with help of abap't. In standard it will not change automatically.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ravindra