cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call a program in AS400

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I try to call a program in AS400. Is this possible with PI. I made a research and found that through JDBC (with jt400) we can connect. BUT can we call a program which is written in RPG or COBOL?

Is this possible?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have used the jt400 for AS400 and configured PI interfaces just like anyother JDBC interfaces.

Check out similar dicussion here-

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Java Proxy was the solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I'm facing similar question that you were.

Can you tell me a little bit more about your solution?

Maybe provide a link with some documentation

KR

Robert

phanikumar_akella
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I think you cannot call any programs directly using JDBC Adapters. Use Sender File Adapter. Create a bat or shell script which can call your code in AS400. Use this in "Run Operating System CommandBefore processing" use a trigger file to call the program.

former_member241146
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris.

You need of a specific adapter for this. You can search in a services.sap.com by company that supplies it or you can develop a new adapter.

My sugestion, if you don´t have time, work with FILE or JDBC (like the answers above).

Best Regards.

Bruno.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris -

You could schedule the AS400 program as a job in such a way that it will be triggered based on a trigger file. The trigger file can be generated using PI file communication channel and placed in the AS400 directory where the job expects it.

Regards,

TK