Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing a Bullet in Smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have to print the following in a smartform

"

This section is for displaying the concerned offical information.

u2022 Please refer to your offer document for your employee Number, and any other details required

"

Here i need to print the bullet as well....,however when I am using a smartstyle as per my requirement in this smarforms,it is either not printing this bullet mark or printing a '#' instead of the bullet.

Kindly help,

Regards,

Udit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Udit,

When it prints # instead of the character, this suggests that the character is not supported by the device type character set.

Try agan and create a new spool via cascading fonts device type SWINCF.

With your printer connected to a Windows system, you can use the device type SWINCF with Access Method S or G which will utilise the Windows printer driver.

Regards,

Aidan

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in larger companies there is often quite a variety of printers. So instead of working with special characters which might not be processed correctly in some cases, I use pictures for bullets. Might take some more time for defining the smartform but on the long run much less issues / complaints and struggling with printer settings.

Best Regards

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's highly recommend that we do search before posting. there are a lot of threads about your topics.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can create bullets in smartforms.

For this change the editor to text editor and then

goto insert->characters->SAP Symbols and select the

symbol you want.

This may help your requirement.

You cannot see the bullets in print preview, it'll

appear only on a hard copy.

hope this will helps you.