cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTO ID field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

1. Pls explain the use of AUTO ID field. Also can I have any number of fields in my main table with data type auto ID.

2. i want to defining a new range for my product id starting from 1000(like defining internal number rangeS in SAP),

can i use an auto ID for this purpose. But I cannot see any range filed in properties for auto id. Where should I provide the starting limit & ending limit.

Could you pls let me know how i can achieve this number ranges functionlity in SAP MDM.

thanks in advance,

Ve.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can use assignment to to that.

using a expression (1000+ auto id) to calculate the value , then assign to the field you want.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veena,

Auto ID: Please refer this below blog for understanding of MDM Auto ID. Since it is a read only field you need to create a new field say Product ID which you can populate using Assignment (AutoID + 1000) so that field Product ID has value starting from 1000. /people/mandeep.singhsaini/blog/2010/08/05/mdm-auto-id-common-questions-asked

Other thing, you can use Range option by giving 1000 to 99999999 etc while defining outbound remote system in MDM console so once your record gets syndicated out of MDM (only after syndication you can see this Internal key number creation) for your MDM records starting from 1000 onwards. For checking this right click on record and edit key mappings. Also make sure that you have enabled Property Edit Key mapping = Yes for main table using MDM console.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it possible to reset the Auto ID field to 0.

For example i load a set of data i do all my testing get a sign off, and i need to reset the Auto ID will full load.

So is it possible to reset the Auto ID.

Thanks in advance,

Abhishek

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

For Resetting the Auto id to 0

1. Delete all records from your main table

2. Unload the repository and the delete your Auto Id Field from the console and create a new Auto id field

3. Load the repository with update indices

4. Login to Data Manager and then try to create a record you will see the Auto id to 1 automatically.

Regards

Sowseel

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Veena

This Auto ID is MDM generated field which comes out once new record comes into MDM box or we create any new record.

so since you can create many records in MDM this "Auto ID" will be generated and for that you also have to define some field in console which should be "Auto ID" type.

I don't think without defineing Data type "Auto ID " in console this will pop up in MDM DM.

here if you want to start yo with Auto ID count from 1000 . you should go with Calculated field property and need to define calculation expression for that.

Hope it helps

Rgds

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Veena,

There is one provision in MDM for the scenario you are trying to develop.

Please refer section "Key Generation" in Console reference guide.