cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Web AS 6.20: JLIBS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to install an 6.20 Web AS for Upgrade testing.

SAPInst asks for JLIBS on J2EE CD, but in the "SAP NW04 SR1 SAP J2EE Engine" Source from Distribution Center there is no JLIBS data and I can`t find other suitable CD.

Where can I find this Files?

regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Sorry, I can't undestand what you're doing

You want to install a WAS 6.20, right? WAS 6.20 has no JAVA part, so what exactly are you doing? Install WAS 7.0 JAVA into existing WAS 6.20 ABAP?

Please explain me what you want to do...

Regards,

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

I want to install WAS 6.20 ABAP, correct. After Oracle DB Installation I started SAPInst from 6.20 Kernel CD for installing the CI. First SAPInst asks for Kernel CD, then for J2EE Sources.

Instguide says: "A Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE).... It is an integral part of the

SAP Web Application Server as of release 6.20, which delivers a reliable and scalable e-business environment with native Java support that is fully J2EE compliant."

It seems to be an integrated component of Web AS 6.20

regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

okay, now I understand. As I told you, WAS 6.20 is ABAP only, but you want to install it with WAS 6.40 (also called NW04) JAVA part, which is possible, so no problem

Now to the installation source:

Do you have those three CDS:

SAP NW04 SR1 SAP J2EE Engine (SCS for your OS)

SAP NW04 SR1 SAP J2EE Engine (OS independent parts)

SAP NW04 SR1 IGS

Those are the CD's you need for tha JAVA part, you have to enter all of them as mount points in sapinst.

Regards,

Pascal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! that works.

regards,

Thomas