Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customized entries for ACTVT field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have created customized Authorization object with the help of post on forum but I am unable to figure out to create customized entries for ACTVT.

Eg: Instead of activity 01, 02, 03 ....ect I want to create Z1, Z2 & Z3.

How can I create this entries ? what are the steps involved and how to I assign it to my customized Auth object ?

Thanks in advance,

Soyunee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Instead of creating custom Activity you can create custom field (SU20) similar to activity and add that field to your custom authorization object (SU21) and maintain the default values for that object in SU24 .

Hope this helps

Dheeraj

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Instead of creating custom Activity you can create custom field (SU20) similar to activity and add that field to your custom authorization object (SU21) and maintain the default values for that object in SU24 .

Hope this helps

Dheeraj

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Eg: Instead of activity 01, 02, 03 ....ect I want to create Z1, Z2 & Z3.

>

> How can I create this entries ? what are the steps involved and how to I assign it to my customized Auth object ?

Before giving any answer to your question It would be good to know the purpose of such thought process to create custom Activity Values. Can you please elaborate?

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipanjan,

Thanks for your response.

The original requirement from functional consultant is to create a customised Authorization with 2 fields 1. Company code 2. Activity.

And the second requirement is to add activity entries Z1 - Extract invoice & Z2 - Approve invoice.

I am done with first requirement and just trying to figure out how to maintain Z1 and Z2.

your response is much appreciated.

Thanks

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> The original requirement from functional consultant is to create a customised Authorization with 2 fields 1. Company code 2. Activity.

>

> And the second requirement is to add activity entries Z1 - Extract invoice & Z2 - Approve invoice.

>

Ok. Is there any standard Activity available for these two? If not then I think you can use the maintenance view of table TACT. Please get in touch with the Dev team for more details on doing this and then defining this for the check to happen.

regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The original requirement from functional consultant is to create a customised Authorization with 2 fields 1. Company code 2. Activity.

And the second requirement is to add activity entries Z1 - Extract invoice & Z2 - Approve invoice.

Since you mentioned you are creating a custom authorization object, I believe the auth check would be made by a customized program or a BADI too.

If my assumption is correct, you don't need to create custom field values for SAP standard field ACTVT, rather you can have the custom program logic designed in such a way that it triggers desired action while checking the already existing SAP delivered field values for ACTVT.

For instance:

Logic is designed so that a value ACTVT= 01 would trigger action Extract Invoice and ACTVT= 02 would trigger action Approve Invoice

To summarize, you can use any standard field values for ACTVT and have desired action defined for that value in your program logic. I have come across such scenerios in the past and quite sure this concept works!

Try it out:)

P.S: While creating the custom object, it would be a good idea to document the relevant action that your custom program will trigger for each of the standard values for field ACTVT ( which you are going to use) in the object documentation section of tcode SU21 for future reference.

Thanks,

Sandipan

0 Kudos

For instance:

Logic is designed so that a value ACTVT= 01 would trigger action Extract Invoice and ACTVT= 02 would trigger action Approve Invoice

Sounds good. However the requirement is so old and might get sorted by other means (may be)..