cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menu disabled in Message Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody

we try to perform a message mapping on two identical message types. We would like to use the button: "map selected fields and substructures if names are identical", but it is disable. Also all other buttons are disabled (Clear Mapping, Text preview, etc..). How can we enable these buttons??

Thanks Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Select the Root Node of the Source and target and then Select the Map All fields.

Regards,

Bhavesh

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem is that the button (and some others) is not available, even if you select the root nodes.

The same problem is happening to me now.

Any ideas?

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

even i had the same problem and i closed the Integration builder and then opened it again and it was ok,dont know why it happened but closin everything and then reopenin it worked for me.

thanx

ahmad

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've tried that a few times now.

Maybe restarting the SMICM, but I don't think it'll do any good.

Thanks anyway,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even i think SMICM wont be of too much help,also u can check under lock overview in SLD,i m just hitting in dark but its possible that something is locked which caused it to disable the icons

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Time ago, I had the same problem, but it was because I had installed the incorrect version of JVM. Now, if some option appears inactivated, I reset the sesion in IR.

Thanks

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah, a friend logged on with Java 1.4.2 and it was OK.

Strange though, coz I was developing in other PI 7 SP10 system with Java 6 and I had no problems.

Thanks!

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just in case someone else sees this posting - I will tell you how to revert back to working version of JAVA

Upgraded the other day to JAVA 1.6.0_01 then Editor would not activate the buttons

From my PCs Control Panel - go to JAVA Control Panel and via the JAVA tab, check JAVA version you are using.

If like me it was 1.6.0_01 then go to the Java Application Runtime settings and disable that version

and apply the setting - this should now set you back a version. I restarted my PC too just in case.

Now when you go back into the Designer check the JAVA version being used Menu go to Help > Information. For me it was 1.6.0_01 and now it is back to 1.5.0_09.

Now the Editor in change mode will now have the buttons active again !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems that menu works perfectly even with later version of 1.5 (1.5.0_12 in my case), but not with 1.6.0_01

thanks for the instruction Peter!

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Peter,

in that case no .jnlp's that you run will ever be executed in java 6 (not only XI's).

One thing you could do was to open Java Web Start of Java 5 or below. From there, you could run directly the Integration builder applications (just refer the direct address for the .jnlp's there).

Regards,

Henrique.

danny_deroovere
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, The proposed solution works fine in my case. Thx.

I returned to JDK 1.4.2

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do check and confirm if your message mapping is in the edit mode.

also select both the nodes (root nodes) and then continue.