cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No manual entry of batch, if batch determination fails to pick batch in DO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a scenario, where I want system to stop users to pick batch manually in Delivery order creation (VL01N), if batch determination procedure fails to auto-pick batch due to any reason.

By standard configuration, is there any-way to cater this requirement or we need user-exit only?

PLease suggest.

Regards,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

There is a provision of automatic batch determination at the time of creating sales order only,generally it is preferred to determine the batch in the delivery,but since you requirement is that you don't want the users to change the batch in delivery then pls prefer the automatic batch determination in the SO which will be copied into the delivery doc.I hope this may help you.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

May be you need to restric through coding. System will allow you enter batch manually in delivery. Doesnt restrict nor issue any message.

Assume: manually entered batch available in stock overview list(MMBE)

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

The standard SAP allows you to change manually determined batch. When the batch is selected manually, the automatic determination has failed because the batch characteristics are not proper as per the condition set in VCH1. When you manually select the batch in the delivery, then the system would throw up a message saying Invalid batch (batch number) according to selection criteria in batch determination (Message no. VL215). This is a warning message. Try changing this to an error message in the user exit.

Thanks

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Indranil,

Thanks for your quick response.

Ther

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Indranil,

Thanks for your quick response.

Ther