cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create customers in ECC due to DEBITOR_BDCDATA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have a requirement to create customers in ECC (ECC 6.0 EhP4) from CRM (CRM 7.0 SP4) Business Partners. The issue is BDoc is failing with error"Fill in required fields". I am posting in this forum as my issue is on the inbound/posting side of process.

Analysis:

The data is getting posted via ALE where FM IDOC_INPUT_DEBITOR is called. On debugging I found that system is doing a BDC to transaction XD01 and the BDC screen sequence is generated by a function DEBITOR_BDCDATA. This function is not generating the screen data for mandatory address fields and hence this error.

On further analysis I found that system checks if you have central address management (BAS) active and if yes it skips that part of code which is responsible to generate screen sequence for address fields. This is due to that fact that system has already posted the address data and issued an address number before moving to FM DEBITOR_BDCDATA (ALE serialization where address should be posted before customer/vendor master data).

The serialization concept is fine to me however the issue is how do we generate the skipped address fields here to post the customer. I did find a BADI to implement custom screen data in internal table FT[] but I am not sure if I should use it as posting ECC customer is supposed to be a standard SAP behavior and there might be something I am missing here.

Has anyone tried this scenario before? Any ideas on this?

Thanks for looking into my thread.

Cheers,

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ankyur,

very briefly thinking, if your bdoc do fails because a required field is not populated, this is logically because the field is not populated !!

Do populate it and this will solves your issue.

Yes the bDoc integration do insert the address data prior the virtual DEBMAS idoc gets processed. And yes, this address integration does not check any required fields.

This will be done during DEBMAS integration.

I would not recommand that you implement BAdI CUSTOMER_ADD_DATA_BI for such purpose.

This should be solved eiither within CRM : CRM must ensure the data sent to ECC are correct and complete.

Or ECC, must have less fields mandatory.

In other words, both systems must have the same required fields

As an advise, do not implement DE_BALE event for such purpose, this will create more mess as this is integrated after address integration and before DEBMAS. It always results in errors...

Hope this helped

Alain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alain,

Thanks for contributing here. To clarify - We are having the same set of address fields mandatory both in CRM and ECC and CRM is sending all necessary fields in BDoc. It is code in FM DEBITOR_BDCDATA where it check if CAM or BAS is enabled and if yes then it just doesn't generate the BDC screen sequence even though all the required data is present.

I am not sure if there is any configuration tweak for this. I am wondering if anyone else has faced the same issue and how it was resolved. We are on CRM 7.0 SP4 and ECC 6.0 EhP4.

Cheers,

Ankur