cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Workflow / E-mail Notification Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on a client that is using the SAP Portal to kickoff a workflow to notify the requestor when creating a vendor (with the vendor number that gets created when it reaches SAP). They did have MDM 7.1 connected to an SAP 4.7 system. Now they are upgrading to ECC 6.0 and we're in the middle of unit testing. For some reason, the e-mail notifications are not working while our Dev environment is connected to ECC 6...not sure why. I've checked all of the workflows / roles / e-mails, everything is exactly the same as it is in 4.7.

Our workflow looks similar to this: requestor creates / edits a vendor through the Enterprise portal --> approver approves record --> record is sent to ECC 6.0 --> once created successfully in ECC 6.0, an email is sent to the requestor with a vendor number (if it is a vendor create) or and e-mail letting the requestor know the changes have been posted successfully to SAP.

I've checked the MDS.ini file for any kind of information that needs to be updated for being connected to this new environment...I can't see anything. Is there a different file on the MDM server with e-mail / server info?

Any clues as to why it may not be working in this new environment? I'm assuming pinging the server wouldn't do much good since it is still working in QA and Production, just not Dev where we are currently testing the 6.0 system.

Thanks for your consideration!

Nichole

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nichole

1)

Are you sure that your smtp server is working?

What happen when you launch your workflow with e-mail notification(Did you get error message in your repository logs?) ?

Could you to send e-mail through it from your e-mail program?

If your answer -no, please check, launch, configure, install your smpt server.

If your answer -yes, go to step 2

2)

In mds.ini file in your repository block should be string like this :"Mail Server=[your mail host name]"

Where [your mail host name] = your smtp server name, something like "mailhost.your_domain.com" or your smtp server IP adress

if that step is OK

3) load MDM console, login to your repository and check check your e-mail receiver (user) and it e-mail adress- Is it correct?

4) load Data Manager - open Workflow and check user accessibility from your e-mail step.

I think, that recommendation are help you to solve your problem.

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kanstantsin -

In response to your questions..

1)

Are you sure that your smtp server is working? It is workiing for Production in SAP 4.7, just not Dev ECC 6.0...so I am assuming it is working since it is on the same server.

What happen when you launch your workflow with e-mail notification(Did you get error message in your repository logs?) ?

Could you to send e-mail through it from your e-mail program? There was only one workflow that errored out out of approx. 20 due to e-mail. Most are stuck in workflow at 'check in and send e-mail to user'. The one that did have an error said "Could not send e-mail rc = 4294967284 MDM Server Error" Yet, there is nothing in the MDSS log...

If your answer -no, please check, launch, configure, install your smpt server. It must be installed, right? If it works in production...

If your answer -yes, go to step 2

2)

In mds.ini file in your repository block should be string like this :"Mail Server=your mail host name" It says Mail Server= (there is nothing there)...

Where your mail host name = your smtp server name, something like "mailhost.your_domain.com" or your smtp server IP adress

if that step is OK...I do not see this in the MDS.ini file...

3) load MDM console, login to your repository and check check your e-mail receiver (user) and it e-mail adress- Is it correct? Yes

4) load Data Manager - open Workflow and check user accessibility from your e-mail step. Everything Looks correct here also...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niki,

Please make sure that Your MDS.ini file contains the Server IP of your Mail Server.

2ndly, In MDM console for defined users, you should have defined Valid email address.

Please refer this below blog for complete details and make sure that you are not missing any step:

/people/saurabhkumar.sahu/blog/2008/08/26/e-mail-notification-using-mdm-workflow-sample-scenario

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Answers (0)