Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

MDM Workflow / E-mail Notification Issues

Hi Experts,

I am working on a client that is using the SAP Portal to kickoff a workflow to notify the requestor when creating a vendor (with the vendor number that gets created when it reaches SAP). They did have MDM 7.1 connected to an SAP 4.7 system. Now they are upgrading to ECC 6.0 and we're in the middle of unit testing. For some reason, the e-mail notifications are not working while our Dev environment is connected to ECC 6...not sure why. I've checked all of the workflows / roles / e-mails, everything is exactly the same as it is in 4.7.

Our workflow looks similar to this: requestor creates / edits a vendor through the Enterprise portal --> approver approves record --> record is sent to ECC 6.0 --> once created successfully in ECC 6.0, an email is sent to the requestor with a vendor number (if it is a vendor create) or and e-mail letting the requestor know the changes have been posted successfully to SAP.

I've checked the MDS.ini file for any kind of information that needs to be updated for being connected to this new environment...I can't see anything. Is there a different file on the MDM server with e-mail / server info?

Any clues as to why it may not be working in this new environment? I'm assuming pinging the server wouldn't do much good since it is still working in QA and Production, just not Dev where we are currently testing the 6.0 system.

Thanks for your consideration!

Nichole

Tags:
replied

Hi Niki,

Please make sure that Your MDS.ini file contains the Server IP of your Mail Server.

2ndly, In MDM console for defined users, you should have defined Valid email address.

Please refer this below blog for complete details and make sure that you are not missing any step:

/people/saurabhkumar.sahu/blog/2008/08/26/e-mail-notification-using-mdm-workflow-sample-scenario

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question