Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new action box for Q note

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am trying to create a new action box in Q note.

QI to Blocked, 350 movement type, MB1B.

IMG path QM>Quality notification>Notification processing>Additional Notification Functions>Define Action box.

while creating the new action box it needs many different thing.

So can some one help me what I need to define as function key, sort number , Function Module Name, Business Transaction

Code Group for Task or Activity, Function Module when Saving.

So please help me out and if some one know the place where I can get configuration documents which can throw some light of this topic.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear RIthesh

If QM is active for the material how will you move the material from QI to block using notification action box. It wont allow you to move.

Please let me know your process so that accordingly we can check for solution

Regards

Gajesh

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

Thanks for reply, QM is not active for the materials for which we are planning to use this action.

I am new to QM and thats why facing problem while configuring the new action Box.

i created new action , using new function keys and sort number.

but i am unable to find a suitable function module for the new action, i want to use movement type 350 in the same way how we use it in MB1B.

one more information i need is shoiuld i go ahead with activity or i need to use task for these movement?

reply , if need some more information.

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rithesh

Both the FM is to be filled for doing this. FM while saving i think basically commits . My knowledge on this is only bookish.

Regards

Gajesh

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rithesh

1) There are no standard FMs for moving the material using 350. You need to copy the standard FM that is available in the notification ( Unrestricted to Block) and create a new one suitable for 350 movement type.

2) Better to create it as task as this will have record in your notification

Regards

Gajesh

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Gajesh,

its what i am doing , we are creating a Z functional module.

but can you tell me why there are option to to have 2 FM one in Function module section and other one with discription "FM while saving".

i defined my action as task , but there is one field task , just above the field FM while saving,can you explain its importance and relevance while creating action box?

also in what cases the dependent functions comes into picture?

Thanks

Best Regards

Ritesh