Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Orders transfer using CIF

srijram1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having a rather peculiar situation in our project where Sales orders do not get CIFfed across to APO. The suspicion that it could be due to a RFC issue seems to be pretty slim, considering the fact that Product and Locations are getting CIFfed across properly. When the integration model is activated there is a clear message however that the sales order is transmitted. But same is not seen using the CIF comparison report /SAPAPO/CCR.

Have any of you guys observed a situation like this?

Thanks much,

Srikanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srikanth

There are a lot of threads in this forum that discuss CIF issues . But still iam going to list some points that you can check

*) Check if the material - location for which you want to transfer SO's are specified properly in the SO integration model filter. When you do CFM1 in the output do you see the material - plant combination in question ?

*) Is the problem specific to sales orders or are you facing the same issue with other transaction data objects such as stock , PO's etc

*) Is there any custom logic associated with SO CIF that is preventing the transfer of these SO's

*) Is more that one SO IM active for the same material - plant combination use CFM5 to check this. If so deactivate the other im's and trigger a dummy change in the sales orders in R/3 and reactivate just one SO IM. This is very important

*) Even if there is only one IM active for SO's , trigger a dummy change in the sales orders in R/3 and reactive the SO IM and check if that solves the problem

*) Check the queues and make sure the sales orders are not stuck in the queues - SMQ1 / SMQ2

*) Check if the sales order was created properly in SAP. If there is some kind of error in the SO then it wont flow to APO.

Thanks

Aparna

Edited by: Aparna.Ranganathan on Oct 25, 2010 8:27 PM

srijram1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

I checked on the issues that have mentioned by you. The integration model is fine. We had two integration models, one for Product, Location and other for Sales Orders. I integrated them into one and have them activated.

We are transferring only SO at this time. POs are not being created / transferred to APO.

There is no possibility for a custom logic since the system is being built from the ground up.

Tried changing a Sales order and then de-activating / re-activating the model.

The last activation sent some product texts through CIF. So there does not seem to be a problem with RFC / CIF.

SMQ1 / SMQ2 in R/3 or APO does not get any errored queues.

Only the sales orders do not flow to APO. Do you know of any SPRO setting that might inhibit Sales Orders from being CIFfed across?

Thanks much for your time.

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srikanth,

The symptoms you are describing are illogical. Failure to replicate should trigger either a failed queue, or an App log entry. Have you turned on logging? In R/3, use Txn CFC2. In SCM, use /SAPAPO/C4. At a minimum, make an entry for user "*". For now, until your problems are fixed, use "Detailed" for logging. Since you are using no userexits, you should not need to turn on debugging (custom userexits are a good justification to temporarily turn on debugging, since they are seldom written to make any meaningful entries in the app logs).

Generally, replication of transactional data in SCM (such as sales orders) is dependent on the prior existence of master data. Lack of master data is the most common reason a chunk of Transactional data will not replicate in SCM.

The steps required for replication are well known, but the must all be performed, and they must be done in the proper sequence. I have never been unsuccessful replicating all data when I diligently followed SCM Best practices for Connectivity and Replication.

http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/BBLibrary/Documentation/B02_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/BBLibrary/Documentation/B05_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

Best Regards,

DB49

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srikanth

One small clarification. I believe you did not undertand correctly one of my points -"check if there are more than one integration models for sales orders in your system and make sure there is only one SO IM active and deactivate the rest" .

Let me elaborate. Standard SAP recommendation is to have a separate integration model for each object - that is you should have a separate integration model for materials , sales orders , stock , purchase orders and reqs and so on. That is if you have material A and 10 sales orders for material A in plant P1. You should have a separate integration model for plant ( one time activation) , separate IM for material A and separate IM to transfer the SO's . This is what is recommended by SAP. What is not allowed is having more than 1 IM for the same object with the same filter criteria. That is you should not have sales order integration model say SOIM1 to transfer sales orders for A and another sales order integration model SOIM2 to transfer sales orders for material A.

Coming back to your issue, you said you have integrated the sales order transfer and material transfer into one IM. You have to change this first . You have to have a separate im for sales orders and another one for materials. Also it is very imporatant to deactivate the old IM's . otherwise your data is not going to flow to APO.

Thanks

Aparna

Edited by: Aparna.Ranganathan on Oct 27, 2010 12:03 AM

srijram1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Had some issues in properly activating the trace. Thanks for your help. Now that is in, the message I have is that the Inbound Queue is blocked from APO side. The message I get is 'Inbound Queue Blocked'. The below link has a screenshot of the same. Do you have some advise, if this is a master data problem? Thanks much.

[https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B47bLaxnO61OZGRkNGY2YjAtMDMyOC00ZGJiLWI0NWItNzRkZWM5NTJlY2Zi&authkey=COeJ6J4C&hl=en]

Kind regards,

Srikanth

srijram1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I am sorry guys. There seems to be a problem with the link.

Have attached a corrected link:

[https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B47bLaxnO61OOTBiOTM0MDQtNzkzNy00YmQ1LThlOGEtMmI3MWQ0NjI4M2Yw&authkey=CK6_w_YO&hl=en]

One additional info is that when I hit on the 'QRFC monitor' button the standard program loops through the same sequence of steps and pops up the same message. The only way we are able to get out of it is by hitting ignore and then cancel. That way the plant data is sent across to APO. However the integration model is not activated.

Kind regards,

Srikanth

Edited by: Srikanth Jayaraman on Oct 29, 2010 10:01 PM

Edited by: Srikanth Jayaraman on Oct 29, 2010 10:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srikanth,

Aha, there was a problem with SMQ2.

Your image indicates you are attempting to use inbound queues. I am not sure why, but it is OK to do so. I am guessing that one of your systems (either APO or ERP) has not been properly configured for inbound. Both sides need config.

Check the OSS note on this subject. There are other notes as well, search on INBOUND QUEUE.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/416475

Once you have corrected the config, you can try to reactivate the NOEXEC queue from within the queue manager. If this doesn't work, just delete the faulty queue and try to re-send the data.

Best Regards,

DB49

srijram1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Good news guys. We were able to send the data for the first time from R/3 to APO. The initial load went through fine. The issue was with the transaction data in the sales orders that I uncovered after quite a bit of debugging. Thanks much for all your help.

The issue was with VBBE table not getting populated with Sales requirements. And the fix was in the setting in IMG for Schedule line category. The requirements / assembly and availability boxes were left unchecked for our custom schedule line category type.

Hi DB,

Replying to your mail, we are not able to access the inbound queue of APO using the button still. However if I try to log into APO and run SMQ2, I am able to see the inbound queues. The matter of fact is that we are able execute and clear all the queues even if the status is nosend.

That apart the only issue that is confronting us is the lack of sales orders being sent when they are being created. If we however de-activate and re-activate the integration model it flows through. Do you see this as any authorization issue or is it perhaps an issue with the integration model?

Thanks much,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srikanth,

we are not able to access the inbound queue of APO using the button still.

QRFC monitor is the equivalent of SMQ1. You can review, delete, or reprocess outbound queues, or individual Logical Unit of Work (LUWs) here. In R/3, generally, you cannot repair any APO queues, such as the APO inbound. For this, you must log onto APO.

When you click 'ignore', the error is ignored and the next LUW is processed. If there are no futher errors, or if you press ignore repeatedly, you will eventually process every possible LUW in the queue. The errored LUWs remain in the queue, unprocessed, with an error status, and the final queue event is never reached. Without the final event the IM will not be activated

There are 4 possible queues. 1. R/3 outbound and optionally 2. APO inbound; 3. APO outbound and optionally 4. R/3 inbound.

Using SMQ1 and SMQ2 in R/3 you can only manage the R/3 queues (r/3 outbound and r/3 inbound). If you wish to repair or delete the APO outbound or inbound, you must log ont APO and use SMQ1 (outbound) and SMQ2 (inbound). Most people I know just use /SAPAPO/CQ, where, assuming proper authorization is set up, it can be configured to both review and edit all four queues in one transaction.

Now you say you cannot get new orders to go across without Deactivate/reactivate. This implies that the IM is not configured properly for real time replication. Did you read the connectivity and replication guides I mentioned earlier? Specifically the section about "Activating the Application Indicator" (BF11)?

Regards,

DB49

srijram1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thank you guys. The problem is fixed. It had to do with BF11 transaction as well. ND-APO flag was not set in R/3.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant

I think all the points which are mentioned by Aparna are really important.

Additionally you can also check the detail logs via SLG1 in APO to find out if there is any specific error message for the sales order.

Thanks

Amol