cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachment Name in Content Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am doing a scenario where I receive messages from ABAP - SRM system through proxy(which isXI sender adapter) . The message contains set of attachments as well . I have certain manipulations to do before sending the attachments to the receiver system which is a third party . The attachments are taken into one of the fields of the target message as base encoded string and sent to the third party. For certain manipulations I need the attachment names . I tried to get the attachment name from runtime by using the method getContentType but it doesnt solve my purpose. But is there a way I can put in the attachment name in content type so that I can get the attachment name using getContentType method.

I am dealing with a scenario where in I will be strictly using ABAP stack from the sender side ( no java adapters) .

Can anyone guide me in this case as I am stuck with no ideas .

Regards

Nishant Kumar Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nishant,

You can acccess names, contents and encoding of the attachments within a message mapping via the Global Container Object

of the Message Mapping API (Check out the mehtod "getInputAttachments() " of global Container in the official SAP Javadoc: http://help.sap.com/javadocs/pi/SP3/xpi/index.html).e.

Best regards

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

This particular method we have made use of and it ideally returns the attachment as a whole not the attachment name , we are looking to access only the attachment name .

Regards

Nishant

Edited by: nishant singh on Oct 26, 2010 9:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes i guess you can only fetch content Id from that API. In many cases thats sufficient as sending

Applications (e.g. via the SOAP Adapter) will store the name of the attachment in this http field, too.

It's different in your case?

With best regards

Sebastian