cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching Options for SAP UDS Instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario where in I need to read data records from an Excel file to MII. I have uploaded the excel sheet from end user onto the UDS File Server system and configured a data source/UDC to read the data from the file. Using OLEDB connectivity, i can successfully read the data from the files easily.

However, we need a flexibility to change/load new files on daily basis(every 24 hours) to the server. Since we have the UDS instance with a status 'ON' all the times, we are unable to change the file on the File server as the instance is pointing to the file at all times. We need to manually stop the UDS instance and then upload the file, and again switch on the UDS instance for MII connectivity. The requirement is to programatically turn on/off the UDS instance created for Excel Connectivity to make the process automated.

Can you help me with some documents/ideas on this ??

Thanks And Regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Personally I would rethink the whole design strategy concerning user provided Excel files. This sounds like a manufacturing business process that would benefit from a relational database that is intended for concurrent client activities.