cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM notification length restricted to 50 characters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In BPM, in the notification only upto 50 characters are coming.

In our case we want to have the details of the business process and process tep due to length restriction it is not coming.

Is it possible any we can increase the length so that we will get the mentioned details.

Thanks,

Subhashini.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Subhashini Krishanan

Firstly, apologies for the information given before, as Marta stated before, please, those informations were old and are not valid anymore. Follow the recommendations from Marta.

Additionally: The doubt that you reported sounds like that you didnu2019t set the u201CDetailedu201D flag. In the Business Process Monitoring setup, node u201CNotifications & Service Desku201D, tab u201CNotificationsu201D. Could you please check this ?

Edited by: Mateus Pedroso on Oct 29, 2010 10:32 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Dear Subhashini,

Please check following SDN blog:

Create your own auto-reaction messages in Business Process Monitoring via BAdI exit

/people/johannes.fleig/blog/2010/06/02/create-your-own-auto-reaction-messages-in-business-process-monitoring-via-badi-exit

Kind regards,

Marta

0 Kudos

Dear Subhashini,

Unfortunately I have to confirm that the reply above is NOT correct. I could not find any references to this from the Development colleagues. The technical limitations were overcome so the reply is outdated.

Please review the following chapter in the BPM SEtup Guide:

www.service.sap.com/bpm -> Media Library -> Technical Information

> 4.3.13 Notifications

> 6.3 Workflow Configuration

If you select the Detail flag, you will get the Solution name, Business Process, Step and all details you mentioned in your

reply. Furthermore, the functionality was extended and now you can use BAPIs to customzie the email content.

Since May this year, new setup guide for BPMon auto-reaction messages has been uploaded to the SAP Service Marketplace. This guide includes the documentation how to configure the Setup for Notifications and Service Desk Messages, including the setup in case some of the BAdIs have been implemented. It also gives a detailed description how to implement the BAdIs and provides an example implementation.

You can find the documentation in http://service.sap.com/bpm -> Media Library -> Technical Information -> Setup Guide - Auto-Reaction Messages.

I hope this helps you further,

With kind regards,

Marta

SolMan EMEA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mateus,

For the reply.

If there is no other way out for this... I think we may ned to cut chort the cutshort the solution name.

thanks,

Subhashini.