cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preventing Second App Initialization if User already Initializing/Running

mike_mcinerney
Participant
0 Kudos

We have a wd4a app running from our portal. When the app starts, the ECC side locks a record. A second or so passes and the app comes up. This is the desired behavior .

We have an undesired situation as follows:

• User presses link

• Record locks on ECC

• Waiting

• USER Presses Link AGAIN !! u2013 This seems to override the first process and thenu2026

• App Message comes up that says Record is Locked

Are there built in options to (elegantly) stop this behavior from the wd side. I guess, in effect, we want the app to not initate a second time if the user is already running/initiating the app.

Thanksu2026

u2026Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mike_mcinerney
Participant
0 Kudos

Question is no longer pertinent to our situation.

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The obvious solution is to disable the link once it has been clicked - but I guess you don't have that option as the link is a "dumb" one.

The enqueue functionality that you are currently using to check for locks on a db record could also be used to "lock" a given session for a user- and therefore not continue with the second launched application

The bigger problem would appear to be that your link is launching the applications in a new named window - as such when the second click comes it loads the second app over the top of the first - there's nothing the second app can do at that point to stop itself loading. I'd be checking the code behind that link - it should be opening multiple windows if clicked multiple times.

Cheers,

Chris