cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unique Discount

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Our client has a unique way of treating discounts. initially, if a customer buys 100pcs, $1 each, they wait for 1-2 days for all returned items before they bill the customer. after the returns, they give the customer a sort of discount based on the total ordered qty/amount less the returned items. the discount is in a form of percentage. the first 2 parts can be addressed by standard billing type F2 and returns RE processing. the tricky part is the discount after all returned item. how can i compute the allowable discount in % that is based on the total order less the returned item? pls see sample scenario below.

customer buys 100 pcs worth $100

customer returns 10 pcs worth $10

customer gets discount 10%

what transaction can be used wherein only 90pcs worth $90 will be displayed and a discount of 10%? the user should be able to see the 90pcs, $90 with $9 as discount.

Please help. <<text removed by moderator>>

Regards,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

The scenario is intriguing ,so as per you if customer returns 50 % material he will get 50 % discount .

I would like to know whether the discount you are referring to is from total receivables from customer ,or your client needs the discount to be checked in each individual invoice.

We need to consider Without invoicing you may not be able to actually dispatch materials with Tax/Excise/local charge details and returns may not be immediate ,so invoicing and returns are the processes to be followed.

But once invoice is generated and released to accounts ,std SAP does not allow to change invoice. So I would suggest using credit memo copied from invoice and pricing conditions can have routine where you can get details of returns from return document in document flow. then use these details to calculate discounts in pricing procedure.

Secondly for control of discount amount and authrisig release this credit memo document will be more useful. you cn use pricing or sales document user exits for the same.But this method is only useful when you are tracking discounts ,returns and billing wth active receivables for a certain period .

For individual updating of invoice you need to use modification through ABAP programming where after returns you can update invoice tables for individual records using batch processing. But you need to chec the impact on FI data due to this . Also system may become unstable due to this program.

I hope this helps

Do keep us posted on whats your team's decision and what point you considered for the same.

Regards

Mandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paul

I suggest the following:

1) Use the standard return. So deliver 100 pieces with 10% discount and then create return and credit memo for 10 pieces with applicable discount debited. Standard return scenario.

2) Use a quotation to capture the original quantity (100 pcs) sold and after the return happens, create the final sales order with 90 pieces so the discount also will be properly captured for 90 pieces.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Use the standard return. So deliver 100 pieces with 10% discount and then create return and credit memo for 10 pieces with applicable discount debited. Standard return scenario.

- thank you for this! i think this will work. however, what if the client would like to track the discount in % at the same time in qty? this discount is like a maximum allowable return. example, order qty is 100, returned item is 10 pcs, discount 10%. order less return = 90pcs. apply discount, 9pcs is allowed to be discounted. is this possible? they would also like to record the qty and amount.