cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro application is slow during initial load

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a web dynpro application which fetches the data from r/3 backend using an adaptive RFC model.

The application takes long for the initial load and fine when its accessed subsequently.

The model is getting executed only when a user triggers an action on the application.

Is there a way to improve application performance ?

Thanks,

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

This is the expected behaviour if we talk about the startup mechanism of webdynpro for java applications.

If you deploy a WD application then it'll be started right after the deployment, BUT: the NW04/04s WD Container doesn't support the configuration of lazy/always startup-mode i.e. all WD applications are always started lazily in NW04/NW04s, which means after server restart they are all stopped and get only started when they triggered for the first time (i.e. by first invoke of the given WD application).

The decision was taken that way because sap wanted to prevent start-up time problems when Web Dynpro applications were started right with the server. This is why they always start upon first request and this is why it seems as the initial invocation of the wd application seems to be slower.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Answers (0)