cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-EDI messages via AS2 Communication Channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have many EDI interfaces running via AS2 communication channel provided by Seeburger.

I was wondering whether AS2 should only be used for EDI message or any other normal XML formats also.

If AS2 can be used for other formats also, what is the difference then sending the request via AS2 rather than HTTP.

Since AS2 is using HTTP transport protocol, I could rather use HTTP communication channel itself.

Let me know the differences please!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was wondering whether AS2 should only be used for EDI message or any other normal XML formats also.

As far as I know, it is not restricted, I used AS2 protocol to transfer flat files in my last project

If AS2 can be used for other formats also, what is the difference then sending the request via AS2 rather than HTTP.

• AS2 has more features than plain HTTP, like support MDN message, which allow sender to know the status of receipt immediatly.

• AS2 can be used as Aync or Sync.

• It can keep file name which is useful in some integration with financial institutes.

• Receipts of the file can not deny their receipts of the messages (NonRupdiation)

Since AS2 is using HTTP transport protocol, I could rather use HTTP communication channel itself

Yes, you could, but you might loss the feature that AS2 protocol provides, and some trading partner only ask for AS2 protocol for the transmission of the files.

Regards

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Though the transport protocol is same between AS2 adapter and HTTP adapter, the messaging protocol is different. Moreover AS2 can also be used for XML messages also.