Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wily Introscope Dashboard cannot be started: Silverlight Error 2104

stephan_walter
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

we have installed a DualStack SolMan 7.0 Ehp1 SPS23 on AIX/Oracle.

Diagonstics and WilyEM 8.2 is installed and running well, Data from Agetens SMD7.11 and IntroscopeBytecodeAgents data are displayed also in Wily Introscope Webview - Investigator tab.

Silverlight 4 is installed since last May.

Last week the regular Microsoft-Patching did on our FrontendWorkstations (WinXP SP3) with IE7

Additionally there was an upgrade of our SolMan Operating-System drom AIX5.3 to AIX6.1

During this update also an JAVA 1.5 was newely installed for WilyEM, and the parameter " "the VM to use for the next launch" in the lax-file points to this Java-Version: java full version "J2RE 1.5.0 IBM AIX build pap64dev-20091106a (SR11 )"

But today we recognized - after sucessfully start of Wily EM WebView - that there is a problem when we try to select one of the prepared Dashboards from SAP and press the "View"-Button:

We get an ErrorMessageBox from IE whichs saids:

"Silverlight error:"

"Error Type: InitializeError"

ErrorMessage:2104"

and no Dashboard comes up.

The same Error occours when we use antoher Browser ?

Can anybody please help ?

What could be the reason or solution for this kind of error ?

Thanks a lot !

Stephan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

SAP is aware of this issue and here is the recommendation from Dev. Team

"SAP is aware of this issue and Product Management is reviewing this and the fix is provided in Enterprise Manager 8.2. However, we do have a workaround. Whenever the webview throws a Silverlight error, after acknowledging the pop ups, please click on the console tab reload the webview page."

stephan_walter
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Mateus,

unfortunately I wasn't able to use your workaround successfully:

Even when I mark the "Consoile"-Tab and press the "Refreh"-Button to reload the Page, i still get the same Error-Messages...

Are there newer/other fixes available to solve this problem ?

Which fix do you mean exactly ? We currently run following version of WilyEM / WebView (from IntroscopeEMWebView.log)

10/22/10 10:54:23 AM GMT+01:00 [INFO] [WebView] Introscope WebView Release 8.2.2.0 (Build 476364)

10/22/10 10:54:23 AM GMT+01:00 [INFO] [WebView] Using Java VM version "IBM J9 VM 1.5.0" from IBM Corporation

10/22/10 10:54:23 AM GMT+01:00 [INFO] [WebView] Using Introscope installation at: /usr/sap/ccms/wilyintroscope/.

10/22/10 10:54:23 AM GMT+01:00 [INFO] [WebView] CA Wily Introscope(R) Version 8.2

10/22/10 10:54:23 AM GMT+01:00 [INFO] [WebView] Copyright (c) 2010 CA. All Rights Reserved.

10/22/10 10:54:23 AM GMT+01:00 [INFO] [WebView] Introscope(R) is a registered trademark of CA.

10/22/10 10:54:23 AM GMT+01:00 [INFO] [WebView] Starting Introscope WebView...

10/22/10 10:54:23 AM GMT+01:00 [INFO] [WebView] Introscope WebView started.

10/22/10 10:54:27 AM GMT+01:00 [INFO] [WebView.Login] Successfully logged in user "WilyWebView"

10/23/10 11:08:07 AM GMT+01:00 [ERROR] [WebView] java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMManagerDefault incompatible with

org.apache.xml.dtm.DTMManager

10/23/10 11:08:18 AM GMT+01:00 [ERROR] [WebView] java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMManagerDefault incompatible with

10/23/10 11:12:19 AM GMT+01:00 [ERROR] [WebView] java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMManagerDefault incompatible with

10/23/10 11:12:34 AM GMT+01:00 [ERROR] [WebView] java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMManagerDefault incompatible with

10/23/10 11:12:58 AM GMT+01:00 [ERROR] [WebView] java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMManagerDefault incompatible with

Thanks,

Stephan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stephan_walter
Explorer
0 Kudos

Here is the last answer from SAP-Support / Development:

The Silverlight error is a known issue. It has no consequence with the

JVM setting. Wily development team has provided the following answer:

"We are aware of this issue and Product Management are reviewing this.

However, we do have a workaround. Whenever the webview throws a

Silverlight error, after acknowledging the pop ups, please click on the

console tab reload the webview page. "

But according to the feedback of the other customers, the workaround is

not very satisfactory. Sometimes it work and sometimes you have to startthe webviewer again.

Our recommendation is to use the workstation. It has much better

functionality , and also the webview will be removed from solman system

from the next Product Vers.

Therefore i will close the thread...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

Please refre to the page no 3 of this SAP note 1273028

I am sure this will solve the issue.

Best Regards

Jai

stephan_walter
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Jai,

unfortunately also your suggestion was not successfully:

I followed page 3 of SAP OSS-Note 1273028 to delete Temporary JAVA-Files, Workstation Instances and BrowserCache and after that I tstarted WebView again -> and getting still the same error....

As I mentiond in my answer above, we currently use Introscope WebView Release 8.2.2.0 (Build 476364)

and the page 3 in your SAP-Note refers to Introscope EM, Workstation 8.0.2.0...

Any more suggestions ? Thanks,

Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reinstalling the Silverlight may help to overcome the issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There

what is the version of your internet explorer ?

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Any of the above solutions worked for you?