cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register the device

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am developing a mobile applicaiton. I have created a Logical device in the Mobile Administration and the status of the device is "Initial". Data is also present in the device queue.

Now when i syncronise from the mobile client, the device is not getting registered. I have even maintained the DOE Connection settings and syncronisation does not show any error.

Please let me know how to register the device.

Regards,

Madhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

If the device is not registered, atleast client would have shown the error about why it was not registered.

Please check the following things:

1. Is device enabled in DOE? (I'm assuming that device is enabled as you have mentioned that data is there in device queue. But please verify once more).

2. Is MMW_DEVICE_SYNC service enabled in SICF transaction ? (Communication happens through this ICF service)

3. Are you providing same device name which was created in DOE while registering in client ? (If not, client would have displayed error. But please verify once more)

4. Do you see any messages logged in any of the following monitoring sections

- Message Monitoring

- Client Communication Session Monitoring

- CLIENT_SYNC mode in Logs and Traces.

If yes, please check the error and let us know if you are not able to understand the what the error is.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

1) The device is eanbled and i am able to see data in the queue.

2) MMW_DEVICE_SYNC is enabled, but when i Test this service it says " Invalid protocol version found in command streamI " .So i am not sure if this is the problem.

3) I am providing the same device name in Cleint. The device which is enabled and the name in the client is the same.

4 ) There are no messages in any of the monitoring sessions.

@Pradeep : The registration parameter "User" is set " For Registration". Also how do i check what values are being passed from the emulator?

Looking forward to ur reply.

Regards,

Madhu.

Edited by: madhu kv on Oct 26, 2010 7:22 AM

VikasLamba
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI,

Please insert a TCPMON between your client and DOE. Trigger one message exchange cycle and put the traces back here

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Please let me know how to do that.

Also please let me know the reason for the error while executing the "MMW_DEVICE SYNC" service.

Regards,

Madhu

Edited by: madhu kv on Oct 27, 2010 2:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think the current issue is related to the test service error. I see the same error in our systems where sync is working fine.

you could download TCP Mon , start it and add a listener port (listening to host and port of your DOE server same as you gave in your sync settings in Mobile client)

In your clients sync settings, now change it to http://localhost:<listener port of tcp mon>

Now when you sync with DOE, you should be seeing the request and response in TCP Mon.

Regards,

Liji

kranti_khilari
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

For your question:

@Pradeep : The registration parameter "User" is set " For Registration". Also how do i check what values are being passed from the emulator?

After the first sync from client after providing the DOE connection settings, you must have been provided the registration UI to provide values for the mandatory registration parameters like "Name" and "Device Type". Also, "User" is implicitly a mandatory registration parameter and while syncing after providing the values, it is necessary that all these atribute values match with the logical device attributes in DOE.

Ensure that the "User" assigned to the logical device in the DOE and the "User" created on the client are the same and you are syncing with the same user during registration.

Ensure that Device Type was set as "LAPTOP" or "PDA" on both the logical device as well as on the client depending on the type of client you are using.

Also, if there are additional mandatory registration parameters (which you can find from TA SDOE_DEV_REGISTER), ensure that values for these are also matching on the device and on the client.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Kranti

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Also check the registration parameters and the values that you are passing. Is your device matching the registration parameter values being passed.

-

pradeep